I just saw some ****ing awesome **** on YouTube to do with this and figure that I've been looking for something new to learn on guitar.
Because for the past month, all I've done is go into my room play guitar for an hour not actually practising anything. Just ****ing around. Meant to be writing **** but I have uber epic mega writer's block.
So, anyways I've been looking for something new to learn. And I discovered that I love Neoclassical shredding. Without knowing it, I'd been listening to it for some time now [Search "Classical Metal Pergamum" on YouTube] and figure that I'd love to learn it.

So, what would be a good way to learn it?
Some good artists to look up would be?
Good lessons/exercises to learn would be?
Is sweeping a necessity for it, cos it seems like it.
Any other information you may have would be very handy.
If you want to research some artists I guess a good place to start would be Yngwie Malmsteen and Michael Romeo. Yngwie is pretty much pure neo-classical whereas Michael adds some more diverse elements.
I find Michael Romeo to be much more interesting than Yngwie in terms of style.

Basically, you want to get a near perfect technique and being capable of sweeps, sweep tapping, string skipping, etc. will definitely help you.
Quote by Regression
I find Michael Romeo to be much more interesting than Yngwie in terms of style.

Basically, you want to get a near perfect technique and being capable of sweeps, sweep tapping, string skipping, etc. will definitely help you.

THIS AND MORE IMPORTaNTLY LEARN TO ECONOMY PICK IT WILL HELP YOU ALOT!