The AMT is cheaper but the question is- is the sound cheaper? I'm looking for an all round pedal for direct recording into a PC (no amps), tunes ranging from Smashing Pumpkins to Limp Bizkit!!!

Has anyone tried both I was wondering?

Thanks in advance
The amt is less versatile than the tech 21, so I'd prefer the tech 21 by far, and it probably sounds better but I've never compared both so...
Thanks for that, I was also wondering about the Tech 21 GT2, it's a similar price - anyone use that?
Quote by Chargrill3d
Thanks for that, I was also wondering about the Tech 21 GT2, it's a similar price - anyone use that?

people who used it say only good things about that preamp, good sounding and versatile, i'm planning to make one myself some day
My Band
ESP Eclipse II ACSB SD Jazz/JB
Bugera 6262 head
Benor 4x12 Celestion 12T-75
the AMT really does sound better. The Tech21 sounds digital and weak beside it. The AMT sounds like tubes.

*edit* I wasn't awake when I 1st read. I don't like my AMT running D.I. It just turns into a fuzzbox with no definition. Sorry
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Last edited by miketheslut at Sep 18, 2009,
Quote by Chargrill3d
Are you gonna buy one or actually make one!

make one if I can get all parts in our Estonia

check out the videos on youtube, threse plenty of demos
I own a Tech21 Trademark60 and I love the sound, so I suppose the GT2 has a similar.

Sounds digitally?!?!?! hows that? zoom sounds digitally
My Band
Bugera 6262 head
Quote by ebuprofen
make one if I can get all parts in our Estonia

check out the videos on youtube, threse plenty of demos
I own a Tech21 Trademark60 and I love the sound, so I suppose the GT2 has a similar.

Sounds digitally?!?!?! hows that? zoom sounds digitally

Trademark60 is not a bad pedal by any means but I sent it and a metal muff back after running them side by side with the amt. I actually chose the Duhast over the callie because of its bottom end response. I should have said it sounded slightly more digital than the growly AMT's. Tone is subjective.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
I've not tried an AMT, but I had a Tech21 SansAmp GT2 for a few years - my impressions..

Pros: Very versatile, good gradual breakup on some of the lower gain 'models'.

Cons: Didn't get along well with other pedals, putting in chain with other ODs/Distortions sounded like butt. Digital sounding artifacts on higher gain settings, I'd describe it as high end staccato-ish fizz.

Given how it didn't blend well with other pedals and the digital type high end, it struck me that the GT2 really isn't an OD or distortion pedal in the true sense and may have some digital like mojo happening inside. May work well for a simple DI setup, but I've heard better ways to get the same tone.
Quote by miketheslut
Trademark60 is not a bad pedal by any means but I sent it and a metal muff back after running them side by side with the amt. I actually chose the Duhast over the callie because of its bottom end response. I should have said it sounded slightly more digital than the growly AMT's. Tone is subjective.

nono, Trademark60 is an amp, GT2 is a pedal

I haven't played the GT2 by myself, so I can't really comment on that, only others thouhgts and some videos
My Band
Bugera 6262 head