do you mean hang off your body with the strap???
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
as far as your strap will go.

all personal preference man. do what you want
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Tom Morello has it up to his neck (and good on him for it)
But most metal bands have it down to their knees.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
High or low you need to find a place where you can comfortably play the full range of the guitar. I tend to hang my guitars low my right arm is almost straight. A lot of guys who come by here always say how can you play it hanging so low? It's just comfortable for me to play that way. One of the reasons I hate playing while sitting is I can play comfortably like that the guitar just sits too high.

Just experiment with different heights until you find one that best suits you.

John
Yeah, Just find what is the most comfortable to you. The higher it is, The easier it is to control the guitar on the fretboard but the lower it is, the harder it is to control it on the fretboard. I don't think I'd be able to play mine low like Johnny Ramone.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
If you are more into playing dropped tuning power chords or even just regular power chords (metal), it looks pretty sweet with the guitar hanging low. As you move higher up the neck, a low-slung guitar gets harder to play, especially around 17th fret and higher. If you play higher on the neck, its usually easier if you're guitar is higher.
The advice that I have been given and i have seen on UG is to start high and then as you get good with that lower it a bit, rinse and repeat. In no time you will be playing at your knees.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
aren't you more likely to get carpal tunnel if you play low?
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Higher than crabcore lower than jazz
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.