Ok, so I'm looking to tune my guitar to

1 = C3
2 = G3
3 = C4
4 = F4
5 = A4
6 = D5

but mm... do I need new string? are my current ones too thin?
(I want to play lip gloss and black from atreu, atleast the start, sounds awesome to my ear )

Then another question:
I would like to learn an easy, or medium, solo to be played on the higher string (1-2) maybe with a bit of tapping but nothing hard
o hai
Wait, what, Is that Drop C standard tuning? If it is it would be CGA#D#GC, I dont have any clue what tuning you plan on going into because I need to know what your tuning you High e and Low E to. Giving string number dosent help, because people can look at it both ways.

But lower tuning you might want .11's if you go lower than Drop D standard. But I use .10's in Drop A#, so it depends of how you have your guitar set up.
Depending on your guitar you may need to re-set up if you wanna go low. And for strings i'd say 10s would be fine. If you want to play a riff like Lip Gloss though, do what i do and just play everything two frets lower :P
Quote by xConverge
Depending on your guitar you may need to re-set up if you wanna go low. And for strings i'd say 10s would be fine. If you want to play a riff like Lip Gloss though, do what i do and just play everything two frets lower :P

Gotta try this
You play it with normal (eadgba) tuning?
o hai
Quote by mxo
Gotta try this
You play it with normal (eadgba) tuning?

you mean EADGBE, right? Also, i think you reversed the tuning notation in your original post. The 6th string means the thickest string.
are you talking about Drop C? (low pitch to high pitch CGCFAD) or DAFCGC (which is low to high.)

you number the strings from thinnest to thickest when you list the notes vertically like:
e
B
G
D
A
E

thats E Standard in vertical tab format, when written horizontaly, it's EADGBe. i'm going ahead and thinking you meant Drop C CGCFAD. for this tuning, i recomend anything between Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms (10-52's), some 11's (11-54), or 12's (12-56[?]). I'm also getting these gauges from Ernie Ball strings. i highly suggest them. i haven't had many break on me. they last long and are very durable.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Sorry for the mixing up things, wasn't sure how to post it, so I just took it how it was written in Guitar Pro
o hai
I would like to ask one more thing, in the beginning of "lip gloss and black", is it played by tapping?
o hai
Quote by genghisgandhi
tangerine by led zeppelin. its no tapping, but upper 2 strings

huh?
o.O
o hai