Poll: what would you do?
Poll Options
View poll results: what would you do?
stay silent
23 66%
testify against the other
12 34%
Voters: 35.
You and another suspect are arrested by the police. The police have insufficient evidence for a conviction, and, having separated both of you, visit each of you individually to offer the same deal. If either one of you testifies (defects from the other) for the prosecution against the other and the other remains silent (cooperates with the other), the betrayer goes free and the silent accomplice receives the full 10-year sentence. If both of you remain silent, both of you are sentenced to only six months in jail for a minor charge. If both of you betrays the other, each of you receives a five-year sentence. Each prisoner must choose to betray the other or to remain silent. Each one is assured that the other would not know about the betrayal before the end of the investigation. How would you act?

Keep in mind that neither of you knows what the other person will decide.

(quoted from wikipedia, changing some of the POVs).
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
You can't arrest me, I have diplomatic immunity!

... stay silent.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'd jizz in my interrogaters face and run away in my naked glory.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Testify.

I don't trust people.

Having said that, depends who the other person was. There are some people I know wouldn't sell me out, so I'd return the favour
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Kensai

... stay silent.

alright, stop!

Peter time!
I'm a bigshot, there's no doubt
Light a fire then pee it out
don't like it?
kiss my rump.
just for a minute let's all do da bump

*cue bump*

and yes, that was recited from memory.
I wouldn't do the crime in the first place
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
stay silent. i'd rather go down than have any of my friends go down (no homo).

edit: oh, just a random... um, idk. depends on the situation and the other suspect, i guess.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Last edited by Snowblind 911 at Sep 17, 2009,
Really depends on who the other suspect is - my best mate which it probably will be i know we'll just both stay silent, some other guy i barely know - TESTIFY - i'm not taking any chances!
Grooving to the Music

Skydiving Fund: R 50.00/ R 1600.00

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
Quote by Kensai

... stay silent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUiWdiL472Q&feature=related
Well depends what we are being busted for.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Deal.....or steal?

I was trying to remember what the name of that program was!

No way in hell I'd trust the other people in that.

I'm just too damn cynical.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Deal.....or steal?

Split or steal. Call yourself a fan?

ಠ_ಠ

wat

I wouldn't worry about that, if the police find me I'm getting a life sentence anyway.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by Laces Out Danny
You and another suspect are arrested by the police. The police have insufficient evidence for a conviction, and, having separated both of you, visit each of you individually to offer the same deal. If either one of you testifies (defects from the other) for the prosecution against the other and the other remains silent (cooperates with the other), the betrayer goes free and the silent accomplice receives the full 10-year sentence. If both of you remain silent, both of you are sentenced to only six months in jail for a minor charge. If both of you betrays the other, each of you receives a five-year sentence. Each prisoner must choose to betray the other or to remain silent. Each one is assured that the other would not know about the betrayal before the end of the investigation. How would you act?

Keep in mind that neither of you knows what the other person will decide.

(quoted from wikipedia, changing some of the POVs).

The prisoner's dilemma - the foundation of the very notion that people respond to incentives.

Anyway, being the linguistic pedant here, you say that there is insufficient evidence for a conviction. If there's insufficient evidence, you don't have to do anything as no charge could be proven and a jury is not automatically bound to accept the evidence of a person as entirely legitimate.
Quote by cagnius
The prisoner's dilemma - the foundation of the very notion that people respond to incentives.

Anyway, being the linguistic pedant here, you say that there is insufficient evidence for a conviction. If there's insufficient evidence, you don't have to do anything as no charge could be proven and a jury is not automatically bound to accept the evidence of a person as entirely legitimate.

ahhh...but that's not the point

also, if you really want to push it, it doesn't specify in what time period this case is occuring, say it was in the 1900's.

I could go on and on....
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Laces Out Danny
You and another suspect are arrested by the police. The police have insufficient evidence for a conviction, and, having separated both of you, visit each of you individually to offer the same deal. If either one of you testifies (defects from the other) for the prosecution against the other and the other remains silent (cooperates with the other), the betrayer goes free and the silent accomplice receives the full 10-year sentence. If both of you remain silent, both of you are sentenced to only six months in jail for a minor charge.

That wouldn't work then.

If they blatantly tell me that they don't have enough evidence for a conviction, then they don't have enough evidence for a conviction.

I'd tell them I want a lawyer.
^see post above.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Laces Out Danny
ahhh...but that's not the point

also, if you really want to push it, it doesn't specify in what time period this case is occuring, say it was in the 1900's.

I could go on and on....

Thus emphasising my point.

The prisoner's dilemma is ancient. Although, it does have it's uses - in fact it seems to be prevelant in the logic underpinning antitrust leniency applications.
Quote by Fleabag
I was trying to remember what the name of that program was!

No way in hell I'd trust the other people in that.

I'm just too damn cynical.

GOLDEN BALLS!!!!

kill loads of people. including the other guy
GEAR
metallic red Gear4music metal x guitar
acoustic solutions 50W amp
tuned to D standard
DIME CRYBABY FROM HELL!!!!!!11
Quote by ryand111
sorry

i cum blood

gets me every time
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Unfortunately I can not assist you in your quest of fap.