What do ya'll guy think of the PRS Modern Eagle II? I'm pertty sure not very many people have played this guitar, but, still. I'm thinking of buying this guitar when I get the money. Most site's list it as about 5 grand. I dont think after I buy this guitar that I will ever need a new guitar. lol. But I play mostly Rock, like alternative and metal. But I also play alot of Blues and classic rock styles. Amp at the moment is a Valveking, but I'll get something better.

Heres the site with specs
http://www.prsguitars.com/moderneagle2/index.html

Heres a pic
Attachments:
rsz_1main122.jpg
The finish looks a bit odd, i dont think id buy it personally, but it sure looks well made and i imagine it sounds awesome. As you say you may need a better amp to get the most out of it too.
i love them. i'd suggest looking elsewhere for a guitar though (like warmoth). warmoth does a "washed blue dye" finish thats basically that ^ and they have a PRS-ish body style too. only because they're so expensive, though. i had warmoth make a body for me in the washed blue, and it's not exactly like the modern eagle 2, but it's pretty close and looks great.

the guitar is awesome, but for $5k it better be lol the pickups are pretty low output though. wouldn't be great for metal, but i think it could do most everything else really well.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I think it looks really nice, the red tiger would be sick!!!

5k is a lot for any guitar IMO. You could buy like 50 Squire strats for that price
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Or you can get 500 tacos for that price
MY gear

Carvin DC 200
Crate GLX 200h
Monster Cable Rock
Dunlop Stubbys 3.0
MIsfits Skullbusters strings
Yeah, I've played both the old and the new Modern Eagles, and believe me when I tell you: it's by far the best guitar I've ever played (without going custom). Simply perfect, they're flawless and look, feel and sound perfectly, there's nothing you can't do with them (yes, they can do the most brOOtalz metal as well as the cleanest jazz styles).
The only downside is the price, but IMO it's well worth it: if I had the money it'd be my first choice (well, it IS my first choice eventhough I don't have the money xD).

EDIT: Oh, you'd better play it first with a good amp to really make it shine (that means, no Valveking). And you'd better be a good player: these guitars with the right amp are very sensitive. If you're good, you'll sound better than ever, but if you're not, I'm afraid you'll hate it because you'll hear all your mistakes more than ever
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Last edited by Mahoru at Sep 17, 2009,
Ive played the Modern Eagle 2 and its awesome, and Id pay 5 grand for it.

If you wanna save up and get it, I wouldnt disagree
Quote by Mahoru
Yeah, I've played both the old and the new Modern Eagles, and believe me when I tell you: it's by far the best guitar I've ever played (without going custom). Simply perfect, they're flawless and look, feel and sound perfectly, there's nothing you can't do with them (yes, they can do the most brOOtalz metal as well as the cleanest jazz styles).
The only downside is the price, but IMO it's well worth it: if I had the money it'd be my first choice (well, it IS my first choice eventhough I don't have the money xD).

EDIT: Oh, you'd better play it first with a good amp to really make it shine (that means, no Valveking). And you'd better be a good player: these guitars with the right amp are very sensitive. If you're good, you'll sound better than ever, but if you're not, I'm afraid you'll hate it because you'll hear all your mistakes more than ever

Lol, sweet, I'm a decent player, so I would think that hearing all my mistakes would make me better because it would force me to correct my mistakes and in turn make my playing better. I hopeing to mabey get it when I graduate college, or if I get a well paying job here soon I'll save up for it.

I actually like the color it is, its unique, and I wouldent want a warmoth knock off, because if you buy the original it will appriciate over time, just like any Les Paul or Stratocaster.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Lol, sweet, I'm a decent player, so I would think that hearing all my mistakes would make me better because it would force me to correct my mistakes and in turn make my playing better. .

My thoughts exactly.

When I put EVO Pu's in my guitar eveyone warned me that you will hear every little mistake with them....they were right...I did...and it forced me to correct those mistakes, which in turn has made me a better player.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by ethan_hanus
Lol, sweet, I'm a decent player, so I would think that hearing all my mistakes would make me better because it would force me to correct my mistakes and in turn make my playing better. I hopeing to mabey get it when I graduate college, or if I get a well paying job here soon I'll save up for it.

I actually like the color it is, its unique, and I wouldent want a warmoth knock off, because if you buy the original it will appriciate over time, just like any Les Paul or Stratocaster.

That's the attitude I want!
Really, Warmoth guitars are great, but they're NOTHING like a PRS. If it's what you want, the save up for it, 'cause if you settle for less you'll end up disappointed sooner or later. And man, the Modern Eagle is a gorgeous guitar from all angles and colours

I also hope I can get one when I graduate; till then I can just wait and bear with my Fender and upcoming ESP
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Mahoru
That's the attitude I want!
Really, Warmoth guitars are great, but they're NOTHING like a PRS. If it's what you want, the save up for it, 'cause if you settle for less you'll end up disappointed sooner or later. And man, the Modern Eagle is a gorgeous guitar from all angles and colours

I also hope I can get one when I graduate; till then I can just wait and bear with my Fender and upcoming ESP

Lol, yeah, thats what I was thinking. I just hope the neck on my Squier will last till I get it. Its really starting to wear down lately. But the finish is still perfect, freaken poly.
Quote by srob7001
I think it looks really nice, the red tiger would be sick!!!

5k is a lot for any guitar IMO. You could buy like 50 Squire strats for that price
But why buy 50 pieces of $hit when you could buy one piece of awesomeness?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
But why buy 50 pieces of $hit when you could buy one piece of awesomeness?

I know....it was a joke, hints the smile face after I said it.

I would love that guitar. Love the curves on it and I have yet to play any PRS that has let me down.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I think...I need to clean the jizz off my keyboard

I love Modern Eagles
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
It's certainly a great guitar, but is it really worth 5000 dollars? Well, it's probably collectible as ****, so its value will only go up if you keep it in good condition.

I think I could get a guitar that sounds and feels just as good for less than 2000 dollars. Anything above that is just money for flashiness. If you think about it, this guitar has no practical advantage over any other PRS.
I'd rather have a custom ESP or Fender.

PRS are nice, but overrated. At $5000, any production model guitar is horribly overpriced.

EDIT:

and sure the value might go up, but your gonna have a hard time selling a $5000 guitar for more than you paid, when they could just buy a new one.

IMHO, if your not a pro, touring musician, with the spare cash on hand, its a waste. Especially if your not that talented.

But its your money so its not like you have to listen to me.
Last edited by Tedward at Sep 17, 2009,
Well, I've never even SEEN a PRS other than the SE series in person, but that thing looks AMAZING
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by sashki
It's certainly a great guitar, but is it really worth 5000 dollars? Well, it's probably collectible as ****, so its value will only go up if you keep it in good condition.

I think I could get a guitar that sounds and feels just as good for less than 2000 dollars. Anything above that is just money for flashiness. If you think about it, this guitar has no practical advantage over any other PRS.

It actually has much better pickups and hardware than the Customs, plus it has a different body stlye.

Think about it this way, people paied like $2000 for a custom Les Paul in the 70's, thats like $8000 in todays cash, and those guitars are prized among many musicians. I think the PRS Customs is gona be the next Gibson Les Paul and Fender Stratocaster. Theres already a tone of musicians who use them, not becuase of the price tag, becuase they are actually the best guitar in production. So people who are buying the Gibson Les Paul speical guitars for $8000 now are not really regretting there desicions.

The guitar's MSRP is actually almost $10000, alot of places are giving huge discounts because 10 grand for a guitar is not even worth it, no matter how good it is.

If I do buy the guitar, its not gona sit on my wall and collect dust, its gona be giged with, just like every other professional guitar is designed to do. Its gona get used, and I want it to be reliable, becuase I'll most likely not ever own another guitar again, cause I dont really need that many guitars, if I can have one that does everything perfectly and lasts a hell of a long time, then its worth it.
Nothing IMO constitutes a 5 thousand dollar guitar price. Unless it's one of a kind or something.

I mean jesus christ, that's a lot of ****ing money.