Maybe im deaf today but i hear no effects other than distortion between 19 and 35. Maybe a bit of flange or something i dno
Simply a good EQ, when paired with a good bassist who can set his tones to contrast the guitar, will produce that heavy sound. Most of what you are hearing is a well-mixed track. To achieve this sound takes some tinkering with your settings, and a quality amp wouldn't hurt your cause.
Gear:

Fender fat strat
Ibanez s620ex1
LTD AX-2E

Marshall MG250dfx
But is it the same effect as on the intro but little bit lazier? I think it's definitely not just distortion but i don't know And by the way it sounds a lot of different on the CD than on YT. At 0.27 - 0.33 you can hear the wwoooowww very well. Is it phaser or something?
Last edited by In-Sane at Sep 17, 2009,
Just a very tight bass tone/kick drum sound, and possibly some octaving on the guitar. Also perhaps a tiny bit of flanger, though the youtube compression makes it hard to tell.
It's just distortion. You need a powerful, American voiced amp like a Mesa, a closed back cab and a shedload of volume to get that power and resonance.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
In the intro they use a Phaser effect, in the part from 0:19 to 0:35 it seems to be only OD.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
It is.
Maaaybe, it's a very very little tiny bit of phaser which I can't hear though.
Anyways I guess the use drop-tunings and an american voiced amp.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I have no answer to your question, but I like the song so thank you for introducing me to them
Last.fm

Baltimore Ravens
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Jeff Gordon24
Quote by In-Sane
IT'S NOT JUST OD OR DIS!! Listen careful : )

YES IT IS!! I did
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
this is the answer:

A thick bass tone well mixed in with the guitar to get an strong tone

The guitar is being played through a heavely vioced (mesa boogie etc) cranked to a loud volume which is like i said mixed very well with the bass which gives it the strong sound.
Quote by transplants182
I have no answer to your question, but I like the song so thank you for introducing me to them

No prob Entwine is finnish band from my home town, lahti. They're not popular which is just sad cuz they're so brilliant But on the other hand i can go watch them live commonly cuz they have show in lahti like weekly ; D
I tested it with my multieffect and i think it is distortion and just a bit phaser. But you can't actually hear it on you tube. Don't know why...
it's just very digital sounding distortion
as a matter of fact it would probably sound like **** on its own it just sits well in the mix
Quote by In-Sane
No prob Entwine is finnish band from my home town, lahti. They're not popular which is just sad cuz they're so brilliant But on the other hand i can go watch them live commonly cuz they have show in lahti like weekly ; D

Then find a way to ask them themselves what is happening if you´re sure it isn´t only distortion.
Yep distortion + phaser will get you it. My fireball + g major actually got a decent enough sound but i gotta set it up for a wider sweep. And I can still hear the phaser between 0:19 to 0:35 although it's not as noticeable but it's definitely there.
Quote by Vlasco
Then find a way to ask them themselves what is happening if you´re sure it isn´t only distortion.

: D Hahaa, that might work : )
Last edited by In-Sane at Sep 19, 2009,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Yep distortion + phaser will get you it. My fireball + g major actually got a decent enough sound but i gotta set it up for a wider sweep. And I can still hear the phaser between 0:19 to 0:35 although it's not as noticeable but it's definitely there.

That's more like it! I totally agree with you
Quote by TatarSalad2
Is the chick on the keyboard even doing anything?

Yeah in chorus but it's pretty hard to hear and why do they have her in the band... just less money for each