I have a budget of around $1,000. Perhaps a little more if I feel like the product is worth it.

I play metal for the most part (Maiden, Metallica, etc.), but also some classic rock/blues. I'm not too concerned if it's an amazing guitar for all three of those genres; I would prefer it play metal well more than anything.

I have a Marshall MG50DFX at the moment, which will be upgraded in the future, so don't worry too much about that!

So I've been looking at the ESP LTD MH-1000: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954

Mostly I was wondering if anybody here has one or has experience with them and maybe wants to share their experiences. I also don't mind if people want to throw out other suggestions for guitars that they think fit my needs based on this post.

So....go!
Get it now, do it, no more questions...

actually, what is your current guitar, because if it's decent, new amp first, it'll be more fun than a new guitar.

PS dont get the black one, get the blue one.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I have played on the MH-1000 alot when I researching the purchase of my next guitar. To be honest, I really did enjoy the way it played... but something kept me from buying it. I realized that for the money you are paying, why not go all out and buy a true ESP Horizon FR-II? (the red horizon with the EMGs and Floyd Rose.)
The price difference is not that radical, and you get a real ESP with better build quality and parts. The LTD is a nice instrument, but for 1000 bucks + you can really get into the premium end of things. You can always check out Jackson's Dinky's and Soloists too- the SL3 is a great made in japan guitar that plays very nicely. Sam Ash always have an ample supply of them to demo, same with the Horizons.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
That's a very nice guitar, but I'll +1 getting a new amp first.

What do you want to know about the guitar?
Strong points I noticed were the finish, which is a really nice satin; the pickups- I liked the 60 in the neck for decent clean work; and the hardware, especially stock locking tuners.

Weak points, to me, were the 81 in the bridge (that's mainly preference though), the goofy looking inlays, and a little thinner tone than some other LP-style guitars.

Overall, I'd say it's very good if you're primarily playing metal. It definitely crosses over into other genres better than a lot of other metal-oriented EMG guitars.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-non-trem-Electric-Guitar?sku=518619

get this one instead since u said ull also be playing blues and classic rock. though this one dont have trem
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-non-trem-Electric-Guitar?sku=518619

get this one instead since u said ull also be playing blues and classic rock. though this one dont have trem

I have this exact one but in red quilted top

It is a great guitar. Stock PU don't even sound that bad. Little weird getting used to the slanted necks because of the TOM bridge since I've never played one like that, but once I got used to it it was not an issue.

Neck feels nice too. Not as thin as an Ibanez Wizard but not a thick as a strat, closer to how a strat neck is though.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I meant to put in my original post that I want a tremolo, a much preferred Floyd over anything.

Quote by SPBY
Get it now, do it, no more questions...

actually, what is your current guitar, because if it's decent, new amp first, it'll be more fun than a new guitar.

PS dont get the black one, get the blue one.

I have a pretty useless $350 Ibanez which I've been playing for about 2 years, so I really want a new guitar. I'll probably have enough money for a good amp not too long after buying the guitar, so the order I get them in doesn't make much difference to me.

Quote by Richmanofaction
I have played on the MH-1000 alot when I researching the purchase of my next guitar. To be honest, I really did enjoy the way it played... but something kept me from buying it. I realized that for the money you are paying, why not go all out and buy a true ESP Horizon FR-II? (the red horizon with the EMGs and Floyd Rose.)
The price difference is not that radical, and you get a real ESP with better build quality and parts. The LTD is a nice instrument, but for 1000 bucks + you can really get into the premium end of things. You can always check out Jackson's Dinky's and Soloists too- the SL3 is a great made in japan guitar that plays very nicely. Sam Ash always have an ample supply of them to demo, same with the Horizons.

=/ Not sure if I can go up another $900. That's a pretty big jump haha
Last edited by RockInPeaceDime at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by RockInPeaceDime
I meant to put in my original post that I want a tremolo, a much preferred Floyd over anything.

I have a pretty useless $350 Ibanez which I've been playing for about 2 years, so I really want a new guitar. I'll probably have enough money for a good amp not too long after buying the guitar, so the order I get them in doesn't make much difference to me.

=/ Not sure if I can go up another $900. That's a pretty big jump haha

hahaha nooo I meant that if you're willing to spend around 1000 bucks or more on a guitar, get the premium end of things- not spend 1000 MORE on the instrument. That is just nutty! You can get an ESP for around $1300, same with the Jackson SL3. You can even go used and save more money.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Richmanofaction
hahaha nooo I meant that if you're willing to spend around 1000 bucks or more on a guitar, get the premium end of things- not spend 1000 MORE on the instrument. That is just nutty! You can get an ESP for around $1300, same with the Jackson SL3. You can even go used and save more money.

That was more in reference to your recommending the ESP Horizon..couldn't find one for less than $1,800. But I'll keep what you say in mind. Maybe I'll just wait a little while longer.