hey guyz..need help with installing pickups..i just got the blackouts active humbucker (bridge) for my ibanez xiphos xpt700, which came with DiMarzio DActivators as stock pickups..i want to install the active pickup in the bridge position, leaving the stock neck pickup as it is..

its a 3-way-switch, 1 volume, 1 tone guitar..the passive pickups are connected to two 500K pots..the active ones come with two 50K pots..

as mentioned above i only purchased the bridge pickup..however the diagram that came with it is not of much use unless you have got both the bridge and the neck pickups..so you get the idea..i need a diagram that explains how to make a passive neck pickup (DiMarzio) work alongside an active bridge pickup (AHB-1)..3-way-switch, 1 volume, 1 tone..

there are quite a few wiring diagrams in the seymour duncan website..
here's a link: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1activehum_1v_1t

i need a wiring diagram that explains the installation of active-passive combination..1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way-switch..how do i do it? any links?? anyone willing to help? please!

thanx in advance!
its gonna sound ****ty, you shouldn't mix passive and active

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Well, you can't mix passives and actives, it just wont work properly, but that shouldent stop you from installing passives and actives in your guitar, your just going to have to do some things, and it will knock you down to two sounds instead of three. But they both cant go to the same jack at the same time, unless you put them on a two way switch. Flipping it one way activates the passive so it can send its signal through the jack, and the other way for the active. Also, your going to have to have seperate pots for the active and passive, since you cant mix the pots, because the passives are 100 times more resistant then the acitve pots. It'll be expensive, but differnt. I would'nt reccomend it, but its up to you.
This should be in here.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019006&highlight=wiring+thread
Please direct all your future wiring questions into this thread. Thank you.

And yes, it is possible. Please read the second post. It has info your going to want.

reported for the close.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.