Hey guys,
Today I decided to finally learn pop'n'slap. I learned RHCP - Can't Stop. After 5min's I got a HUGE blister, full of blood (you can see it through the skin of the finger) - and it hurts to type, even on my touchscreen phone. I know that it's because my technique sucks. I just want to know what I did wrong, and how to prevent it from happening. I use D'Addario Nickel Roundies 50-135.
Cheers,
Jonas
your names jonas
Quote by Ahyoka
Pop goes the weasel...with the casket closed

Quote by Jsteele1408
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Quote by Tastytaco
mmm... if a girl has Tourette's and screams "f*** me!", would that be consent?

PSN: jermstar44
Quote by nesveikuolis
Yup. Probably the most common one in Lithuania. Very death metal indeed.

He's probably referring to the brother comment, after the Weezer song My Name is Jonas.
About the blister thing they just occur, and you have to get used to it. I know a lot who have had problems with blisters, I myself never have had an issue.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
He's probably referring to the brother comment, after the Weezer song My Name is Jonas.
About the blister thing they just occur, and you have to get used to it. I know a lot who have had problems with blisters, I myself never have had an issue.

I know that song
Yea. I thought so. I'm just asking, because I never got any blisters whenever I played regular style, and I'm assuming, that the blister is a sign of me lacking proper technique
Nope if there is friction the possibility for a blister is there. If you try to play a little lighter it might help avoid them.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
Nope if there is friction the possibility for a blister is there. If you try to play a little lighter it might help avoid them.

Ok, thanks! I'll try. That actually might be the case, since when I play I REALLY give it my all.
Blisters are completely normal. That's what happens when you start playing slap, especially if, as you seem to have done, go nuts on the first time. There's nothing you can really do except tough it out and develop caulloses.

However, one thing you can do is to learn to use both your pointer and middle fingers to pop. That way, when one blisters, you can use the other until the first one heals.
You don't have to beat the hell out of the strings. And until you might want to try putting a drop of super glue on your finger, so your skin has a little more protection.