Got a Budda superdrive 30 1x12 combo, plays D#, E, F# and G notes with an additional off color bad note under it. Only high notes (11th fret and above on high e string or 16th fret and above on B string). If you detune the strings the bad notes follow ie i dont think it is the frets of the guitar. And if you bend up to these notes it wont sound the off color note until you bend up to a D#, E, F# or G.

I'm taking it to my amp guy within a few days here, but I thought I would post this incase some one has dealt with this problem before, any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Notes come from your guitar, not the amp. possibly a pedal if you have like a pitch shifter or something.

But to be sure, the problem is not in your amp. The amp only ampifies the notes that it recieves from the guitar, it doesn't CREATE notes..

Edit, unless you have an amp with built in effects like a pitch shifter..
If that's the case, turn off all effects (including pedals, plug guitar direct to amp).

Problem still there?

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1

Notes come from your guitar, not the amp. possibly a pedal if you have like a pitch shifter or something.

But to be sure, the problem is not in your amp. The amp only ampifies the notes that it recieves from the guitar, it doesn't CREATE notes..

Edit, unless you have an amp with built in effects like a pitch shifter..
If that's the case, turn off all effects (including pedals, plug guitar direct to amp).

Problem still there?

But the amp CABINET, if not made correctly, can have problems with sympathetic vibrations. Anything acoustic as opposed to electric can have this problem, including the amp cab/speakers and the guitar.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Another couple things to add,

I use a Japanese Jackson DKMG something (bolt on neck) And a Mexi strat, they both have this problem when I play through the budda.

I used to play through a Fender Blues junior reissue (tweed color) and it did the same thing (the off note sounds like a 5th lower then the actual note im playing)