Back in December, my motor died on my 360, and I had it replaced. But now, my xbox is being very picky on the discs it reads. It seems to not want to read anything newer than Halo Wars (That's the most recent game I have that still works). I dunno if it's a coincidence or what, but it's kind of irritating when there about to be all of these awesome games coming out, and my disc drive is being queer.

I'm searching for some way to fix it without having to have it repaired, as I'm lacking funds to do so at the moment.

So, pit, can you help me fix my xbox 360?
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
send it back for repair.

It's covered for three years after you repair it once. happened to me and they fixed it for free.
It's not worth taking one apart. As soon as you do that Microsoft won't touch it, and chances are you won't be able to fix it either.

Put up with it or pay the money. Anything else will just cause you grief
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
You got MICROPWN'D.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Buy a PS3....

...or get MS to fix it?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by CashMoney54
send it back for repair.

It's covered for three years after you repair it once. happened to me and they fixed it for free.

I'm not under warranty anymore, and I wasn't then, either. I had it fixed at a store called GamerDoc.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
my disc drive is being queer.

I hear there's camps that will fix that for you.
Quote by CashMoney54
send it back for repair.

No you're not. Only the red rings is covered for three years not any other problems according to official policies but you could probably get them to fix it with a little lie
The more you study the more you know. The more you know the more you forget......... so why study
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
I'm not under warranty anymore, and I wasn't then, either. I had it fixed at a store called GamerDoc.

Save

Buy arcasde

Get better made console

strap your hard drive on the back of the arcade

Win

The new hardware revision is 10x better :p
Quote by Gregoric
Buy a PS3....

...or get MS to fix it?

....aaaaaaand, five posts in!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by stanrobertsmith
He probably wants to have fun tho..

icwutudidthere
i like the PS3 more, 360's burn holes through the discs
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Yeah we're in the same boat man. For a few months now I've just been installing games on my hard drive because of that problem. Guess I'll be buying the Modern Warfare 2 bundle with a 250 gig hard drive in November to replace it!
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
Back in December, my motor died on my 360, and I had it replaced. But now, my xbox is being very picky on the discs it reads. It seems to not want to read anything newer than Halo Wars (That's the most recent game I have that still works). I dunno if it's a coincidence or what, but it's kind of irritating when there about to be all of these awesome games coming out, and my disc drive is being queer.

I'm searching for some way to fix it without having to have it repaired, as I'm lacking funds to do so at the moment.

Don't fix it.
Buy a PS3 lol or play your guitar
Get a PS3

edit: damn
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
* at TunaFish

OH DAMN YOU!!!

Quote by SteveHouse
TunaFish ==

This made me lol:
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
It's morphing time bitches.
Quote by Daydream_Goo
Yeah we're in the same boat man. For a few months now I've just been installing games on my hard drive because of that problem. Guess I'll be buying the Modern Warfare 2 bundle with a 250 gig hard drive in November to replace it!

Games to HardDrive IS FTW!!!
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Quote by CaRveItiNbass

There is your problem.

I hope they bring out a new Xbox soon. One that actually works when they launch it.
Sure it has a crap ton of pretty damn good games, but you would think Microsoft would have tested their product properly before launch?

Try buying a laser lens cleaning CD, use it, and then see if it works.
If not. Getting Microsoft to look at it would be the only option that I can see.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Why does the ps3 get such bad publicity?

I'v had mine for over 2 years and haven't recieved a single problem. I love it like a wittle kitten..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I think i might have a similar problem. is it telling you there's no disc even when you've just put it in?
Quote by Guitardude19
The only things I kill are wasps, flies, and slugs.

And I dont do it nicely either. I boiled a slug in highly saturated salt water and put a wasp in a microwave. I hate wasps so much.
Looks like its back to the old Colecovision

Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Quote by marneus1
I think i might have a similar problem. is it telling you there's no disc even when you've just put it in?

Yep. But it's only for newer games and movies. It's a real pain in the ass.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Shouldn't have hopped that bandwagon and gotten yourself a PS3.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
well im pretty sure i scratched my laser by moving the xbox whilst it was running, thus causing the disc to brush against the laser. maybe you've done the same thing?
Quote by Guitardude19
The only things I kill are wasps, flies, and slugs.

And I dont do it nicely either. I boiled a slug in highly saturated salt water and put a wasp in a microwave. I hate wasps so much.