Poll: Should I trade in my Ibanez SAS36FM for an Ibanez S470?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I trade in my Ibanez SAS36FM for an Ibanez S470?
Yes?
10 67%
No?
5 33%
Voters: 15.
Hey

Here's the deal. I am the proud owner of an Ibanez SAS36FM. I love the looks of it and the feel of playing it, I really like it. The stock pickups were not good but I have replaced the bridge and neck with Dimarzios... I had no need to change the middle one.

The thing that bothers me about this guitar is the bridge. It is the SAT-Pro bridge. By the time I got this guitar I had no clue about different types of pickups, bridges e.t.c. But now I now the most that you need and can do about stuff like that. THE BRIDGE CAN'T STAY IN TUNE. I had no idea when I got the guitar but now I do, it can't stay in tune.

The guitar I am considering is an Ibanez S470. It's almost the same, not the same type of neck but I've played it and I liked it, it's a Wizard neck so how can you not like it? I don't care that I will get it with stock pickups cause that is an issue I can deal with later on. The holy grale of this guitar is the bridge. It is the famous Ibanez Zero-Resistance tremolo.

The thing I can do here is that I can manage to trade in my SAS36FM for a brand new S470 since they both cost the same as new and even though the SAS36FM is about 6 months old I have replaced the pickups which will raise its value.

So what do you think? Should I trade in my SAS36FM for a S470?

Please help me

///David
Would I do it? Yes, I would. But this isn't about what I want.

Which guitar do you prefer for tone and playability? That's the one you should go for.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Would I do it? Yes, I would. But this isn't about what I want.

Which guitar do you prefer for tone and playability? That's the one you should go for.

I like them equally in playability except for the tuning problems I have on the SAS36FM. As for the tone I prefer the SAS36FM because of the Dimarzios but as I said I will deal with that problem later on.
Quote by D1D8ING
I like them equally in playability except for the tuning problems I have on the SAS36FM. As for the tone I prefer the SAS36FM because of the Dimarzios but as I said I will deal with that problem later on.

Depending on the trem the S has, those problems may not go away. It's probably an issue with the setup anyway - like string vs. spring tension on the trem. I'd look at that first before I made any decisions that I might regret.

Honestly, if you don't prefer one of the other and there's no real reason that you're thinking of doing this, you're probably just bored and should focus on perfecting techniques instead of getting new gear.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
can you put the stock pickups back in the SAS36FM before you trade it back and then put the dimarzios in the new one?
What if you change the bridge of the SAS?
Laura: Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Sam: Samick Stratocaster Copy (first guitar)
----
Marshall MG250DFX
----
Boss SD-1
Onerr Super Distortion
I suggest comparing them if you like them both in the end then maybe you should keep your old ibanez and get the other one into your collection. But if you prefer one to the other then make a decision and either trade the guitar or keep it, so if i were you i'd just compare them and try them both out. weigh up the pros and cons and get or keep the one you like
Quote by loudog93
can you put the stock pickups back in the SAS36FM before you trade it back and then put the dimarzios in the new one?

+1
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
i've got the sas, if it goes out of tune, maybe you should invest in good quality locking tuners, because i've never had tuning issues with mine.
if you just use the tremolo a lot, then get the other one. it's double locking, so will stay in tune really well if you whammy, but keep in mind that floyd roses can be a bitch when restringing, tuning, etc.