I really like the big muff, and the one with the TW even more, but is the mid scoop a real issue with a 15 watt tube amp, a vicious drummer and a stupid bassist? If I was to whack the level up to full would it make much difference?

And how does the Danelectro CC fuzz compare?
Quote by Tay-ron
go listen to the sound of grass growing. then play it.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||| My Music
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
In band situations, I just set my level higher than normal and it seems to work out fine
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
the problem with that is when the pedal's off, and you have a real mid humped sound, then its the same problem, you sound quieter with the pedal on... or is it?
Quote by Tay-ron
||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
just turn the level up a bit, the muff sounds best with the sustain and the volume cranked anyways
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
^ I think the Muff sounds best with all the knobs set to noon, but you can't get super sustain that way...

Also, OP, the Big Muff is loud as balls. You won't have a problem with volume at all.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Aside from a different fuzz (I had a Big Muff but favor my Swollen Pickle as it is more flexible on the EQ), another option would be to run an EQ pedal with it, and if performing and you just want to stomp once, use a Boss line selector to run both the Muff and the EQ in their own mini loop.
cheers maybe i will go with the muff after all. Is it worth the ToneWicker for £20 extra?
Quote by Tay-ron
||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||