This is my first post on the forums at UG.
Not sure if this is the right place or if I'm breaking rules... I read stickies and didn't see anything wrong so here goes..

So I've decided that I'm going to build myself a guitar completely from scratch over the next couple years or so. I'd like it to be ready for my first decade of playing guitar. (:

I want it to be a Quicksilver style body, which is built by Ed Roman Guitars.

So far I've decided on black Korina for the back and sides, quilted maple for the top, with (if I can get it right) pearl binding. The fretboard will be Indian rosewood set on probably a maple or mahogany neck.

I'll send the neck out to Ed Roman Guitars for custom inlay work and possible scalloping, but unlikely.

It'll have 22 frets on the low E string, and 24 on high E.

I'll be practicing on cheaper woods getting the body perfected before I move on to the real deal just to be absolutely sure I don't screw up $500 worth of wood. I'll do a clear satin finish on the back, sides and neck while the top will have some sort of burst. Probably dragon burst since it's absolutely awesome, but it'll take a load of practice.

It'll have rear chambers and hopefully I'll be able to keep the guitars weight between four and six pounds.

I'll have either Seymour-Duncans or DiMarzio pickups with a Fernandes Sustainer.

No pickguard.

If I can figure out how to do it, the strings will be run through the body. If not, then I'll just do a stop tail.

All hardware will be gold.

Recessed knobs.

Double cut away.

I'm going for a lot of low and mid range, with enough high range to break through any mix. And I believe the set up I've chose will nail that goal.

Any other questions about my setup, ask away.
Any comments about how I've made a horrible mistake, PLEASE let me know.
quick suggestion: ed roman is a no-no.

His site looks awesome and all, but he has a REALLY bad reputation, and is not always credible.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Thank you so much for that tip!

I'll have to do some serious searching for someone to do inlays then. Or I'll just get a ton of inlay materials and start practicing.
there are a few people right here on UG who would be happy to do inlay work for you.

Of course, I think you'd be better off learning yourself so you can do it again in the future
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Yeah you've got a point there. (:

Maybe I'll practice on my old electric, after a lot of reading up on it.
I'd try practicing on scrap wood first. just in case. And reading up is never a bad idea.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

I've heard many bad things about Ed Roman aswell. Anyone who brags about making millions by building/selling guitars you should be cautious of.
I'll just spend a few months perfecting the art of custom inlays and do it myself. I'll just have to keep it much less complicated.

It will only feel more like my own guitar if I do it this way. (: