i was taking a look at it and liked all its functions very much, i liked alot that you can conect a mic and apply effects, or run 2 rigs at once, but i get the impression this is meant to be conected directly to a PA/crappy amp, and im quite happy with my bugeras tone. And its also 500(spending 1250 on the esp), and thinking about it i dont need all the amp sims and all that, just very basic effects so i could get a mxr 10 band EQ and a OD/boost also by mxr instead of it, doing so would only be 200, and i could build up my pedal board from there. so basically

Line 6:

Pros:

vocal effects

2 rigs at once

can be used for recording

Cons

$$$$$$

Lots of stuff i wont use

Again lots and lots of amp models i wont use

Ind. Pedals

Can get whatever i want, and not pay for lots of stuff i dont need

Cheaper

another question

can i do the following to record?

Guitar=>bugera=>(line out)line 6=> computer? and only use the line 6 as a interface and give some finishing touches to my tone? if so, could i completley bypass the amp models distortions and just add stuff to my current tone?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Individual effects costs a lot more the a multi fx on the longterm btw
And yes you can use the POD do record directly in your computer
Quote by Edgecrsuher
Get the Line6 M13... Check it out ---> http://line6.com/m13/

no recording capabilities, no get
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Quote by Sguit
Individual effects costs a lot more the a multi fx on the longterm btw
And yes you can use the POD do record directly in your computer

but can it be done using the sequence i previously stated? and can i turn off all distortions?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
bump
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Quote by devit
but can it be done using the sequence i previously stated? and can i turn off all distortions?

Yes sure, you can turn all effects off if you want, just use a cab model if you do that otherwise it might sounds rather lifeless.
Quote by Sguit
Yes sure, you can turn all effects off if you want, just use a cab model if you do that otherwise it might sounds rather lifeless.

if i run my amp into it would it still sound lifeless?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
there are nearly endless options with the pod x3, i had it running through my hughes kettner's fx loop with nothing but the delay and some whammy effect. sounds really good once u eq everything right.
I'm interested to know this as well...I have a Bugera so its a tube amp and am tempted to just get a few individual pedals to keep the signal analogue and get better effects on the ones I actually use...but then the Pod has every effect I'd ever need and vocal effects
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
From your description I'd say go pedals. You can use a Behringer Ultra-G as a DI box w/cab sim to go into a mixer. Even Line 6 has under $100 options for USB recording (TonePort).

A big advantage of having the X3 Live is lost if you intend to use your amp for distortion. Multifx are great if you cover a wide variety of songs and need a quick change up of your tone on the fly.
Do yourself a favor and use both.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
Do yourself a favor and use both.

cant afford right now, my parents are getting me a camaro, i dont want to get more money from them
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Hey,
Yea, the price for a Pod X3 Live may seem large but when you go with analogue (what you call individual) pedals, prices go into the thousands. The X3 provides you with many pedals that you probably won't use but it does also provide you with many pedals that you will use. What's more is that the X3 comes with amp and cab models which means if you aren't crazy picky about your sound, will save you thousands on buying different amps to get different sounds (amps make a HUGE different one sounds). With the X3, you pay 500 on the pedal and a few hundred on your amp depending on what you get. If you go analogue, you'll be spending thousands on pedals and thousands on amps to get even a tenth of the flexibility the Pod X3 gives you. Of course, the X3 won't sound a genuine as using analogue pedals and real amps but you'll save a bunch of dough.