I want to start a band hense the title. Does anyone know what the legal side of starting a band. I don't want to end paying fines, getting sued or going to jail for not doing things right. I'm sure every state has different laws and regulations. I'm from pennsylvania if that helps.
well glad you asked, here;s the scoop:

first you have to get your request approved by the FMBRR (Federal Musicianship Board of Rules and Regulations) their website can be found here: www.FMBRR.com

second you'll have to put a down payment on whatever band name you choose. Varying on the amount of letters in your band name, prices vary. You can register a band name here: www.bandnameregistrationcommittee.com

and lastly you need to look up Sarcasm in a dictionary.

good luck!
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
i think you should be ok without looking at legal stuff. With the band name search myspace music when making it to make sure its not already taken. Usually though if you have a name that is the same as another band's you'll be asked to change it before they use any legal action.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Quote by Acronikos
well glad you asked, here;s the scoop:

first you have to get your request approved by the FMBRR (Federal Musicianship Board of Rules and Regulations) their website can be found here: www.FMBRR.com

second you'll have to put a down payment on whatever band name you choose. Varying on the amount of letters in your band name, prices vary. You can register a band name here: www.bandnameregistrationcommittee.com

and lastly you need to look up Sarcasm in a dictionary.

good luck!

Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.