Poll Options
View poll results: Well?
I think it's funny. It should be unbanned
61 23%
It's funny, but it should stay banned because it gets overused
46 17%
It's not funny. I'm glad it's banned.
69 26%
It's not funny, but people should be able to post it.
43 16%
I don't care either way.
49 18%
Voters: 268.
Page 1 of 2
With the new outbreak of people/person posting the pear, I just want to know, for purely academic reasons, whether people actually think it's funny or if it brightens your day at all.

I mean, personally, I don't find it funny at all. I mean, it's a pear with teeth and a stupid, non-english caption. Unless I'm missing something hilarious, I just find it incredibly juvenile and, well... kind of lame.

And especially with the annoying frequency with which people would post it with absolutely no relevance, it just gets really annoying.

IMO, the pear should stay banned. Thoughts?

Mods, I am not trying to start a spam thread/pear posting thread, so if you think it's a bad idea, just close it.
ITs stupid. That's why it is a bannable offense.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
If anything should be banned, I wish it would be all the Kanye trash.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
It was never funny.

Its a substitute for not having anything worth posting.
epic7734
You should be able to post it.

They may take the pear but they'll take our FREEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!1
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
It was funny a long, long time ago, and it's still even relevant in some contexts. But it's a favorite tool of spamming retards. It's not banned because it's stupid. It's banned because of its spammy nature.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

It still occasionally makes me laugh, but if it was unbanned it would be posted everywhere, because of its reputation.
So yeah, it should stay banned imo.
Quote by SteveHouse
It was funny a long, long time ago, and it's still even relevant in some contexts. But it's a favorite tool of spamming retards. It's not banned because it's stupid. It's banned because of its spammy nature.

You're right, there are some times I want to post it because it fits in so perfectly. But I'm glad its banned because then spammers post it everywhere.
the pear is stupid...now the owl...that's a funny picture
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
I don't think it's funny. At all. I'm glad it's banned.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
I find it funny, but it should remain banned

"With great power comes great responsibility"
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
It was absolutely hilarious when it was new.

Not so much now.

I was very upset the day it became bannable, but I think it should stay that way now.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at Sep 17, 2009,
It's not funny, it wasn't funny the second, or first time either. The Pit is ruining its self lately with all of the spam and trolls.
I don't think it's funny but I don't think any memes are funny, most people who do aren't intelligent.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
If it wasn't banned, these "Nights of the Pear" would never happen...Probably.

That being said, this thread is almost as useless as the spam ones.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
there's no option for "its not funny because its overused"?
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
It can be funny in certain situations, but it gets waaaay overused and needs to stay banned.
well the troll craves on making people angry and being all wtf i hate you and giving the troll attention like making a thread about it will make the trolls penis go hard thus making him do it more

so you want it to stop?
just ignore it or unban it then you will get a few people who post it just not 5 threads with just spam pears
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
If it wasn't banned, these "Nights of the Pear" would never happen...Probably.

They almost never do as it is. I mean, there's been two of them. Total. This idiot's time is over, I'm guessing, since daytripper has shown up.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

it was like "ha, clever" the first time but now its really annoying after the abuse so thats why its bannable

EDIT- before i get flammed for whats in my sig, i never knew about the pear before hand, it was different, now its annoying but i'm leaving it in my sig because i dont care
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by ryand111
well the troll craves on making people angry and being all wtf i hate you and giving the troll attention like making a thread about it will make the trolls penis go hard thus making him do it more

so you want it to stop?
just ignore it or unban it then you will get a few people who post it just not 5 threads with just spam pears

I personally don't care if a troll posts the pear. If it happens all the time.....

It just reminded me that I don't find it funny and I wanted to see if people agreed. I guess they do.
Quote by SteveHouse
They almost never do as it is. I mean, there's been two of them. Total. This idiot's time is over, I'm guessing, since daytripper has shown up.

At last. daytripper gets the thrill of banning him, and in doing so gains my internet respect
Lousy spammer was pretty irritating!
Quote by Venice King
I don't think it's funny but I don't think any memes are funny, most people who do aren't intelligent.

So are you trying to say that by disliking internet memes you are an intelligent person?

I don't think someones opinion of internet memes has any correlation at all to intelligence.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by SteveHouse

Well, then trolls would have one less tool to spam with. Banning the pear just puts an unnecessary taboo on it, if you ask me.

A forbidden fruit, if you will
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by yellowshirtguy
So are you trying to say that by disliking internet memes you are an intelligent person?

I don't think someones opinion of internet memes has any correlation at all to intelligence.

I agree with this. I enjoy some memes, such as the Xzibit one, and I'm considered rather intelligent, with all honors classes and such. (can't take AP classes until sophmore, I'm a freshman.)
Quote by yellowshirtguy

I reckon it can be, especially the way it is mainly used.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Well, then trolls would have one less tool to spam with. Banning the pear just puts an unnecessary taboo on it, if you ask me.

A forbidden fruit, if you will

No it wouldn't. Whether it's a banned image or not, the threads this guy made for example are 100% spam. He'd end up banned either way.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Venice King

Lol your loss pal, there's some clever stuff out there.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
It was funny when it first appeared, what , two years ago? GET OVER IT! It was funny the first I saw it, it was worth a quiet laugh to myself the second time, but it's a dead joke now and has been for a very, very long time. Why doesn't anybody understand humor? THE JOKE IS DEAD! It's banned because we're all sick of seeing it and every new user sees it for the first time and decides they want to start posting it.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by SteveHouse
No it wouldn't. Whether it's a banned image or not, the threads this guy made for example are 100% spam. He'd end up banned either way.

and then he'll make a new account then post 20 more then a new account etc... it gets rediculous and impossible to stop which only makes it more tempting for the trolls
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Daydream_Goo
Lol your loss pal, there's some clever stuff out there.

I think I'll live.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
it's not funny, it's used to much and even though it gets banned it keeps coming back when the person eho posted it has served their ban
Quote by mamosa
I personally don't care if a troll posts the pear. If it happens all the time.....

It just reminded me that I don't find it funny and I wanted to see if people agreed. I guess they do.

sorry i just read what i said and the tone is like im dissing your thread im not i was just saying.

the pit has been pear free for a while in only end of last month and start of september its been bad if the pear wasnt a pit taboo they wouldnt do it i think they only do it to get a kick out of doing something bad and annoying people
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
I think it's dumb, but the ban does nothing good, just condenses the postage into these stupid Nights of the Pear.

edIT: Should've read the thread...
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Sep 17, 2009,
in itself it's an amusing image, but it has been overused far too much, like everything which becomes a meme. Funny once, meh twice, annoying three times.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
if u ban the pear, u should ban any jackass that says, cool story bro, inb4, rip dime, anything of that nature. its the same offense, it just takes up more room, but its far funnier.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Page 1 of 2