It seems that every time someone brings up a complaint, someone else retaliates mentioning the harsh conditions in the 3rd world.

"I'm thirsty"
"Starvin' Kids in Africa don't have water. They don't have electricity either. All they have is AIDS. Lots and lots of AIDS. Now stop complaining, you over-privileged middle class society dwelling corporate whore. When you die, there will be more food for people who actually deserve it."

I understand that there are people in worse conditions than I am in, but does that rid me of the right to express negative opinions on anything? Or am I missing the point completely?
Hell, why do people even bring up the topic of third world poverty when it's completely irrelevant? I'm not saying it's not an issue, but it has no connection with the conversation.

If you can read this, you're probably in a developed country, or at least you're well off enough to have your own house, with electricity and internet access.

Do we have a right not to be satisfied with something?
suck it up princess
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
I think the biggest problem isn't people wanting to have water, it's the sweet-16-esque girls whining about not aquiring the latest object neccessary for elevating or maintaining their current social status level.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Some people are just pussies...
Let them know they are
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
KIDS IN 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES DON'T HAVE AN INTERNET TO COMPLAIN ON

COOL BLOG, bro.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Quote by Kensai
I think the biggest problem isn't people wanting to have water, it's the sweet-16-esque girls whining about not aquiring the latest object neccessary for elevating or maintaining their current social status level.

Hey I have the right to complain! I have to buy that red dress but daddy won't let me
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
It's when people that are already well-off complain about how their life 'sucks'. That's what pisses me off. Other than it's fine.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
If you're whining because your fifth iPhone broke, you deserve to hear it. If you're depressed or something, no, it's completely off base.

Everything in its place.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Perspective is a valuable thing... but you also need to worry about the immediate picture as well.
The only time something like that applies is in a situation like

"Bleh this food is gross"

"HEY! people in *insert third world country here* don't even have food blah bloo blee blah...."

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Gargantuan

"HEY! people in *insert third world country here* don't even have food blah bloo blee blah...."

Not at all. If your food tastes like utter ****, of course you can complain. If it's a matter of someone wasting food, however......
Quote by SteveHouse
If you're whining because your fifth iPhone broke, you deserve to hear it. If you're depressed or something, no, it's completely off base.

Everything in its place.

That I agree with. But I don't own an iPhone.

I was just wondering because this lady from some charity organisation gave a presentation at school, using the most accusing tone possible. She actually sounded pissed off that people in our country were better off than those in eastern europe.

"Each one of you spends more money on entertainment every week than those children do on food in a month!" she shouted

Of course poverty is bad, but it's not my fault that that's the situation over there.

Besides that, a lot of people that I've met just throw in the random 3rd world fact in an attempt to make people feel guilty for their lifestyle, when they themselves live a life that's no different. It's just an excuse to sound pretentious and pretend that you care.
Last edited by sashki at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by sashki
All they have is AIDS.

Why don't they eat them? Problem solved.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Even if someone's worse off than you, it doesn't mean your can't be in a bad time.

I hate when people act cool for having a bad life, and anyone else's problems aren't worth talking about because they aren't as bad.
Quote by sashki
That I agree with. But I don't own an iPhone.

I was just wondering because this lady from some charity organisation gave a presentation at school, using the most accusing tone possible. She actually sounded pissed off that people in our country were better off than those in eastern europe.

"Each one of you spends more money on entertainment every week than those children do on food in a month!" she shouted

Of course poverty is bad, but it's not my fault that that's the situation over there.

Well maybe if you saved that $1 you spent on a soda on charity, they wouldn't be having this mess
It irritates me when people do that too.
We don't LIVE in those countries. We couldn't do anything about those kids anyway.
It's not exactly a right for us to have good standards of living, but it's not inappropriate to complain about it either.
Quote by Gargantuan

That's because the proper response is "Are you gonna take it over there to 'em?"

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Anger is a gift
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Kensai
This. I ****ing hate this.
Quote by sashki
Genius

I'll be using this response now

Kids in Africa don't have responses

You can thank Aaron McGruder for it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I think it's annoying too, like not being able to say that your meal tastes bad. It's not like the person riding your ass about it is doing anything to help third world countries.
I completlely agree TS. I hate it when people bring up that shit. If you wanna preach about Africa then go on a safari with Bono.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
yeah my friend does that all of the time and i always say, "oh yeah, just give me a sec i'll airmail the rest of my sandwich right over africa, brb"
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
Quote by sashki
Genius

I'll be using this response now

Kids in Africa don't have responses

You honestly never thought of that when you were little?

You fail at being a smartass therefore you = dumbass.

I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
That whole logic is "you're better off than most people".

And you know what? You really are. Your problems are completely minuscule compared to the next person who lost their life to cancer, died in Iraq, starved in africa. It's a way to keep yourself going instead of moping around and complaining.

Complainers never see results, they only see what bothers them.

But if that thirsty remark is true, then that person is someone who dwells on the pessimistic forms of life. Everything is god awful and they want to bring you down.

Stay away from those people. They're horrible horrible people.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Last edited by Nelsean at Sep 17, 2009,
Personnaly, I think there are situations where you can complain, but there's also situations where you can't.

If it's something you can't change, then yeah you can complain. Like if you are thirsty and have no access at all to drinks(vending machines,fountains, etc). But say you want to complain about your countries leader but didn't vote(altho you could), then complaining doesn't make any sense to me.

Also when it comes to opinions, I think you should think twice before talking. Opinions are like flu, it's not cause you have one that you have to give it to others.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

People mention such bad conditions other are suffering to help keep perspective. In comparison, most of us are fortunate to have our basic needs met, and we can easily get carried away with unimportant issues. That's not to say that we have no right to feel bad about something, but often people complain about very menial things.
If we sacrifice for the people in africa we will die, and they become rich, and then there will always be poor people. never ending.

So why should we sacrifice things we know and love for people that probably wont even eventually get it.
I totally agree with TS. I'm worse though, because I have no heart (not bragging, it's just a fact.) I just don't give a **** about other people's problems. To be fair, I hope no one in the world is bothered by my problems, 'cause if they are they're wasting their time.
im gonna complain about certain complaints. i hate when people complain over stuff that has no direct effect on them or stuff they can easily avoid or change. like "Omg reality tv is so trashy, why would they put this garbage on TV." ok, change the channel, theyre not making u watch it. or like "rap is just a bunch of people talking about killing and weed and sex". ok, dont listen to it...

if u can change it, dont bitch about it. if u can't, i give u the right to bitch.
i figure that people are inevitably just joking when they bring up africa
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!