I've always been annoyed that my computer can't play a lot of formats. For some reasons, one of those is MP3's. I can't find the update to make it so I can; anyone know where I should go to get it? I have windows, and am using a dell, if that helps.
Update sound driver? O_o
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
VLC player. its free and play every single format there is including all video formats. Winamp is decent for audio files.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Audio codecs.. look it up
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by Jaymz_515
What kind of Media Player are you using?

Windows Media Player. And to the user above me, I followed the link given in the message that I can't play it, and it said something about codecs, but wouldn't provide the one I need, just that I need it.
Quote by Bair
VLC player. its free and play every single format there is including all video formats. Winamp is decent for audio files.

MC name = Bearrorism
it doesnt make much sense though since Windows Media Player has had the codec for like 20 years to play Mp3's now. it could be a sound card problem. can you get audio from anything else like youtube?
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by herby190
Windows Media Player. And to the user above me, I followed the link given in the message that I can't play it, and it said something about codecs, but wouldn't provide the one I need, just that I need it.

Is WMP set as the default player for mp3s? Options - File Types - All ticked?

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by Bair
it doesnt make much sense though since Windows Media Player has had the codec for like 20 years to play Mp3's now. it could be a sound card problem. can you get audio from anything else like youtube?
Yeah, Youtube has always worked. I'm downloading the K-Lite pack thing that was suggested above, I'll see how that goes.
Alright, it seems like it's just a problem with the file in this case; the one that has never worked is mpeg, or something like that.