Page 1 of 5
On these threads I see a lot of british humor and most of the American UGer's understand it and find it funny.

But on the tv there are always British interviews were the Americans do not get the jokes. Also a lot of people say Americans do not understand our humor.

Also Americans and the British have different types of humor but on these threads we mostly use the same type of Humor.

So why is the Pit Different?
Cause I like Monty Python, Top Gear, and Brainiac.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Quote by genghisgandhi
people seriously underestamate americans inteligents, a couple of people gave us a bad name and it ruined it for all of us
Do they?

stratkat
Quote by genghisgandhi
people seriously underestamate americans inteligents, a couple of people gave us a bad name and it ruined it for all of us

LOL
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Even though I am so Americool, my favorite movies are British Comedies. Monty Python Trilogy, A Hard Day's Night, etc.

P.S. Braniac is an awesome show .
They've got used to it here I suppose. Besides, smarter Americans tend to be able to figure out keyboards; the dumber ones can't even type in the URL for the site.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
British humour doesn't actually exist, we're just not funny and too polite to say so.

Exhibit A: Moi.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by due 07
Even though I am so Americool, my favorite movies are British Comedies. Monty Python Trilogy, A Hard Day's Night, etc.

P.S. Braniac is an awesome show .

Good to see it's not just me,

Some of my favorite bands are British too
Quote by Syndromity
Good to see it's not just me,

Some of my favorite bands are British too

NO WAY! Mine too! The only American in my top 5 is Bob Dylan .
Quote by Duffman123
On these threads I see a lot of british humor and most of the American UGer's understand it and find it funny.

But on the tv there are always British interviews were the Americans do not get the jokes. Also a lot of people say Americans do not understand our humor.

Also Americans and the British have different types of humor but on these threads we mostly use the same type of Humor.

So why is the Pit Different?

because they edit out the intelligent americans before they air anything, it makes for better viewing. but seriously, the BBC networks are aired all over america, people in america and canada are widely exposed to british humor all the time.
Loads of classic British humour came from pissed-off middle-class people, which can be hard to translate, if I can put it that way. That said, the only people I've met who don't tend to like Brit humour are French.
Quote by due 07
NO WAY! Mine too! The only American in my top 5 is Bob Dylan .

Oh emm gee, we like the same movies, tv shows, and music?

*gasp*
Quote by webbtje
Loads of classic British humour came from pissed-off middle-class people, which can be hard to translate, if I can put it that way. That said, the only people I've met who don't tend to like Brit humour are French.

But who cares about them anyway?
Quote by Syndromity
Oh emm gee, we like the same movies, tv shows, and music?

*gasp*

*sends friend request*
Quote by genghisgandhi

Yeah, totallys.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Dirge Humani
Newsflash: Many news stations purposely use the stupider Americans in interviews to make us look dumb.

In fairness though....
Quote by due 07
*sends friend request*

*accepts* Also I agree, I wish I lived there

Quote by Fat-bastard0603

Yeah, totallys.

Your point is dildos.
Musicians are smart people. And UG is a site made of musicians. We catch on fast
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
speaking of British humor, The Office (original one) is playing on adult swim starting friday night. pretty sick.
The pit is a melting pot, where all our cultures for the most part combine and feed off each other, allowing for Brits to understand American humor and Americans to understand British humor.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
British humour doesn't actually exist, we're just not funny and too polite to say so.

haha, nice.
Quote by Dirge Humani
But who cares about them anyway?

Well, considering I live in Paris, speak French and have a French mum...
As has been said, we Americans are much smarter than the rest of the world would ever want to believe.
Quote by Fat Lard
speaking of British humor, The Office (original one) is playing on adult swim starting friday night. pretty sick.

Meh, I like the American version better.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Dirge Humani
Also: Why is everyone spelling it 'humor' in this thread? You Britons usually get all over our balls for spelling it like that.

I find your sense of humour, humerus.

lol@firefox says humour is spelled wrong =_=
Quote by Syndromity
*accepts* Also I agree, I wish I lived there

Your point is dildos.

I used too, for like the first two years of my life. Then my idot parents moved here. I will never for give them
Quote by Dirge Humani
Elaborate...

Well;

- 36% of the population think that evolution is a complete lie.
- The USA scores the lowest average IQ in the developed world, at 98.
- One in five people thinks that the sun revolves around the earth.
- The republican ex-vice-presidential candidate stated that the British health care system had 'death panels' and was fundamentally evil.
- The country goes into meltdown when Obama gives some kids a pep-talk during school.
- A 1/3 of republicans believe that Obama isn't even a US citizen.

There's a few to be getting on with.
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Sep 17, 2009,
Page 1 of 5