I'm going to Guitar Center this weekend to try out some Ibanezes (among other things). From what I hear, they have outstanding (or at least good) QC. If I try out, say, a Jem, and I like it, and I go to buy one used online, you think its a good idea?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I wouldn't buy a Jem online, unless you mean new from a legitimate dealer. There are a ridiculous amount of Chinese copies of the Jem777vhw, so if you buy used you run the risk of buying one. Ibanez has excellent QC on their prestige line and up. Their mid-range Korean guitars are pretty good, but there are occasionally lemons. Make sure there is a return policy for a guitar if you order online in case it isn't what you want.

Also, this may vary from store to store, but I rarely see a Jem in GC, especially one that is available without sales rep assistance. If you have to go used, I'd check out the classifieds at Jemsite, as that is probably the place that you will get a guaranteed Jem at the best price.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Last edited by lespaulrocks39 at Sep 17, 2009,
I would only buy a guitar online from http://www.ibanezrules.com/

Not trying to advertise, but Rich at Ibanez Rules really is the best.

-edit

^Jemsite is great as well. There are always guitars popping up for sale there.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at Sep 17, 2009,
What I"m saying is I"ll try one out and buy off ibanezrules. I've heard great things about him and whatnot, and I think that if I buy used, I'll buy there. So if I like a Jem, chances are I"ll like all Jems?

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I can't answer your question, but I also go to Jemsite and everyone there holds Rich in very high esteem and I've seen the work he does on the guitars he ships out. The guy is top notch, and I'd buy from the guy.
Just restating the question, and I guess bumping.

If I try a Jem at GC or something, and I like it, if I buy the same model online, used, will it be as good and feel as good as the Jem I tried?

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface

If I try a Jem at GC or something, and I like it, if I buy the same model online, used, will it be as good and feel as good as the Jem I tried?

Maybe it really depends on how GC sets up the guitar and how the site that sells you the guitar sets them up but if you can do your own set ups then I don't see why they can't play the same unless the guitar is ****ed beyond repair.
Quote by Guitar2theface

same or better. Gc models tend to be in par-subpar conditions. Ibanez i've gotten online have always played better than par and their floor model brothers(at least with dealing with American Musical, MF, Katana guitars, Mistersparkle). jem site and ibanez rules are legit for jems though
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
To be concise to the TS, yes, Ibanez has really good QC.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by lespaulrocks39
I wouldn't buy a Jem online, unless you mean new from a legitimate dealer. There are a ridiculous amount of Chinese copies of the Jem777vhw, so if you buy used you run the risk of buying one. Ibanez has excellent QC on their prestige line and up. Their mid-range Korean guitars are pretty good, but there are occasionally lemons. Make sure there is a return policy for a guitar if you order online in case it isn't what you want.

Also, this may vary from store to store, but I rarely see a Jem in GC, especially one that is available without sales rep assistance. If you have to go used, I'd check out the classifieds at Jemsite, as that is probably the place that you will get a guaranteed Jem at the best price.

ibanez really make that do they, i lol`d (jem 7v wh)

@ TS:- the store will probably price match then it depends on how well the store set it up.

`cos srob will post here later.(so he can drool)

I love their guitars, I would look for an older rg myself.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab