Is there a pedal that actually significantly boosts volume from the original potential of your distortion pedal? because today i tried out a "volume pedal" and all it did was give you the ability to get quiter, not actually get any louder than you could without it.
I made an MXR Micro Amp, and it's great for a clean volume boost. You must have used a passive volume pedal, which is sort of liking having another volume knob for your feet.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
i dont want like gain, i just wast something that can take the exact sound i had before, and make it louder
Volume pedals are used so you can get headroom easier.
Quote by Ghast
Volume pedals are used so you can get headroom easier.
No they are not, that does not make any sense.
Quote by BoNScoTTRuleZ
i dont want like gain, i just wast something that can take the exact sound i had before, and make it louder

did you click the link i posted?

gain is completely adjustable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by BoNScoTTRuleZ

I think you might be misunderstanding what gain is. It isn't necessarily distortion, it's just the amount of "boost" that's given to the signal. In a distortion pedal this boost comes before it goes through a certain kind of circuit, which makes it distort. In a volume boost pedal, though, it just goes directly to the amp. So you won't get any more distortion than what your amp will give you when you use a clean boost.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
the problem is that if you boost the input signal too much, you're going to get break up in the front end of your amp, thus adding "gain," it's hard to crank more volume out of an amp than it can provide, clean boosts will help to a certain point but beyond that will add break up to your sound, otherwise you could try changing to more efficient speakers.
^^ he nailed it but that is not the case with solid state amps.. if ur amp is solid state u wont get any tube break up bcuz there are no tube ull just get clear volume..with tubes ull get a volume boost but itll be a bit broken up, im talking from a clean amp point of view..with a tube amp already overdriven then ull add volume as well as a little gain boost.. try out the mxr and boosta grande, keeley makes a great boost as well called the Katana Boost
do you have a tune amp or a SS amp?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Isn't that just a regular clean boost?

Check out the Super Chili Picoso and the Serrano Picoso
http://www.catalinbread.com/SuperChiliPicoso.html
http://www.catalinbread.com/SerranoPicoso.html
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ArtVandaleit
^^ he nailed it but that is not the case with solid state amps.. if ur amp is solid state u wont get any tube break up bcuz there are no tube ull just get clear volume..with tubes ull get a volume boost but itll be a bit broken up, im talking from a clean amp point of view..with a tube amp already overdriven then ull add volume as well as a little gain boost.. try out the mxr and boosta grande, keeley makes a great boost as well called the Katana Boost

You obviously cant get tube breakup from an SS amp, but you can push the input too hard and cause clipping, which doesnt sound very good.
Just get a volume boost pedal, not a passive one and run it into the effects loop, that'll give you a boost. Or just get an eq pedal with a volume slider and put that in the effects loop.com
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
EHX LPB-1 is always an option too ofc.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by ChrisN
EHX LPB-1 is always an option too ofc.

+1

Really cheap, put it in your effects loop and is a perfect volume boost for a great price.
gents, kindly...

gain=signal strength. period.
push too much gain through any amp and it'll break up when you peak your headroom, pleasantly or otherwise.

TS, sounds like what you want is just a plain jane clean boost. best one i've ever used is the Durham electronics "sex drive," though the Keeley Katana is also pretty BA.

don't waste your time using an OD with the "gain" rolled down as a boost unless you don't mind it coloring your sound.
I use a EHX LPB-1 when i switch from my SG or DKMG to my Strat. It's a great little Boost pedal regardless of price!
Quote by littlephil
You obviously cant get tube breakup from an SS amp, but you can push the input too hard and cause clipping, which doesnt sound very good.

true, i just wanted to give the kid a heads up just in case hes not too familiar with tube amps vs. ss amps
Quote by JoePerry4life
Just get a volume boost pedal, not a passive one and run it into the effects loop, that'll give you a boost. Or just get an eq pedal with a volume slider and put that in the effects loop.com

what if his amp doesnt have an effects loop.com? lol
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
my amp is a solid state. i went out and got the boosta grande yesterday and it works very well. my band had a show that night and it gave it enough volume. it was just what i was looking for, thank you all for all your help