I'm just wondering what your guys opinions on it are and what cabs would go good with it. I play mostly Muse (Showbiz, OoS, Absolution stuff), some Iron Maiden/ RATM and a little bit of A7X.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
It will do that stuff fine. It's OK for the money but imo it doesn't have the quality you get for your money. When I played it was in the loud room at GC. Granted it was in the middle of playing a Marshall 100w JMP and then a Mesa Dual Rec, but the knobs (pots) didn't have the same pressure to be applied and the some of the buttons didn't work at all. Sure it was a floor model but it was new as they had just gotten it. Turned me off big time. Drive was just 'OK' for me.

My standard list of questions:

Budget?
Genres? x
New or Used?
Home or Gig?
Closest City?
Current Gear? x

DSL >>>>>>>> Dual Rec.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^def cool to have your own opinion but I was speaking more from a quality perspective. And someone must have dialed in the Recto pretty good before I was in there because it sounded damn good to me.

Also TS: Depending on you budget I highly recommend Avatar cabs. They are well built and built to order so you can pick your color, specs, speakers etc.
given that Matt Bellamy used a DSL on the early albums, it would do just dandy for what you want to play. can get RATM tones well, definitely Maiden, and probably a pretty decent A7X tone too
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Speaking from owning one, it'll work nicely for those bands BUT i'd only buy it if your in a band situation cause there abit 'meh' at untill you get a bit of volume into it.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
DSL >>>>>>>> Dual Rec.

Couldn't disagree more, sure they do different things but as an ex owner of both a dual rec and DSL100 I can say that the mesa was by far the better amp. It did everything the marshall did and more.

Contrary to popular belief dual recs can sound very marshally if you dial them in right.

I mean they were based on an SLO100 which is a hot rod Marshall.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
DSL >>>>>>>> Dual Rec.

I own a Single Rectifier and a DSL 2000

Single Recto > DSL

Marshall DSL or TSL sounds like crap

the lead channel is buzzy and lacking body, very boring and fuzzy.

the clean channel is OK at best.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Last edited by touji-za-nai at Sep 18, 2009,
Before you get one check out some other amps too. I guess the Blackstar Series One 100 and Orange Rockerverb would also be fine for you.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
dsl is a quality amp. i prefer dual recs, but that's my ears.
they're rather run-of-the-mill to be honest, nothing hotrodded about them like you'd find in a Splawn, Voodoo, etc.
orange has better features and tone IMO, but they're also pricy depending on your local market.
good tone. you should have no problem getting the sounds you want.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Thanks for all the suggestions.

and also,
Budget - None yet
New or Used - Either
Home or Gig - Band practice/gig
Closest City Windsor or Detroit if you want big name guitar stores.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
If your thinking about getting it, then get it. The more you think about it the more you will freak out and be unsure of yourself, its what happened to me and now I live alone in a mud shack in the middle of Kansas city with robot dogs and chicken wings.

Is that what you want to happen to you?