Page 1 of 2
Hey i am looking for a nice all around amp for around 400 dollars. It has to have a nice distortion that i heavy enough to play metallica and bluesy enough to play a lot of zeppelin and jimi hendrix.
My Gear:

PRS Se Custom 24
Vox Vt 30
Esp Ltd C-301 Bass
Acoustic B100 Bass Amp
Morley Power Wah Bass Pedal
ya i heard that amp was amazing =)
My Gear:

PRS Se Custom 24
Vox Vt 30
Esp Ltd C-301 Bass
Acoustic B100 Bass Amp
Morley Power Wah Bass Pedal
I've heard good things about the Peavey Spyder. I could be wrong though, so double-check that with some of the more experienced fellows around hur. o.O
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
You're in the wrong forum. GB&C is for building and customizing.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
are you looking for a head or a combo?
How loud are you going to play?
What styles of music will you be playing, and will it have to be mic'd in a live setting?
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by Fatal Instinct
I've heard good things about the Peavey Spyder. I could be wrong though, so double-check that with some of the more experienced fellows around hur. o.O

TS: I would look at used gear if I were you. Like a used Line 6 Flextone. If you have to go new, get a Peavey Vypyr. Give me your closest city and I'll troll through Craigslist right quick for ya.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 17, 2009,
There is no such thing as an "all around amp".

Period.

All amps excell at one thing and cannot do the other. If there was one amp that could do every time you want for $400, don't you think we would have figured it out by now?

EDIT: I just read what you are playing. Hard rock, metal, blues, and classic rock doesn't really warrant the title "all around"...

I'd just look at a Peavey Classic 30 w/ Bad Monkey. If I played metal/blues/classic rock, that's what I would rock on a budget. That and an SG.
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Sep 17, 2009,
Get a Peavey Vypyr or a used Peavey Classic
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Well If you're a fan of presets the Line 6 Spider III has 400+ of them.But a lot of the presets are duplicated.But for Metal and high gain stuff it is very good on the Bumblefoot setting or the Slipknot setting.There are also a lot of Blues presets and I got mine for $300 (student discount at Daddys Junky Music)So I'd suggest it.
Please don't get the Spider III. Get a Valveking or a Blues Junior or an HT-5 or something. Something tube--you'll regret it if you don't
My Gear
Fender Player's Stratocaster
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
spiders are crap. other than the much more expensive flextones and the vettas all like6 amps suck hairy testicles.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
spiders are crap. other than the much more expensive flextones and the vettas all like6 amps suck hairy testicles.

Spider valves are good, dont rule them out.
bogner made them better, but not by a huge margin.

id still rather spend 4 times less on a BH15H.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by carnagereap666
Way to not answer the question.WHY THE **** DO YOU THINK SPIDER'S ARE BAD!

Thank You

and theyre bad because they sound like puke. digital and fake.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I can't count how many times this has happened.
Person 1: Get a spider for WIN and PROFIT!
Person 2: Spiders suck
Person 1: Why do they suck
Person 2: Becuase they sound overly processed, digital, and fake
Person 1: wat.

For the record, fake means that it does a downright horrible job of emulating how a non-digital amp responds.

And TS, if you can save a little bit more, a used Vetta will be as close to a do anything amp as there is under a few thousand dollars.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Quote by carnagereap666
What you mean fake?An amp can't sound fake if it is what it's supposed to be.

Have you learned nothing from this forum? The spider 3 along with the mg and frontman are some of the worst amps on the market
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
the thing is, the spider is a modelling amp. meaning it models more expensive and sucessful amps. when i say fake, i mean it sounds nothing like the amps its supposed to sound like.

basically what walruscore said.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by TheSlashman
Have you learned nothing from this forum? The spider 3 along with the mg and frontman are some of the worst amps on the market

I like spiders.and I have a great tone for all the genres I play and do any of you have Spider III's?If you don't I doubt you explored all 400 Presets.Besides I'm looking for a sound that doesn't copy another amp and if it sucks at copying another amp then that's good for an original sound
Quote by carnagereap666
What you mean fake?An amp can't sound fake if it is what it's supposed to be.

You probably haven't developed a good ear yet, spiders have lifeless cleans and terrible unresponsive buzzy distortion, i would get an Ht-5
Quote by Rhoads_1096
You probably haven't developed a good ear yet, spiders have lifeless cleans and terrible unresponsive buzzy distortion, i would get an Ht-5

What the hell did I just say!I like the tone because it's original and I don't think it's "lifeless".(The clean settings)
i listened to your mp3s.

no offense, but they sound like crap. your distortion on the solo clip is way too loose and has little to no clarity.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
i listened to your mp3s.

no offense, but they sound like crap. your distortion on the solo clip is way too loose and has little to no clarity.

I know but that isn't my Spider.That was like a year ago when I didn't know my A chord.Beside I was using a practice guitar that I got for $50 buck when I was starting out still.
Quote by carnagereap666
I know but that isn't my Spider.That was like a year ago when I didn't know my A chord.Beside I was using a practice guitar that I got for $50 buck when I was starting out still.

Never blame the guitar..
When something amazing can come from nothing special at all.....
low action is the good one.

high action is the difficult one.

my ibanez has super-low action. and that cost £450.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

just depends how well or how badly your guitar is made/set up.

my strings pretty much touch the frets, but my FR and truss rod are set up professionally so i get little/no buzz.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
just depends how well or how badly your guitar is made/set up.

my strings pretty much touch the frets, but my FR and truss rod are set up professionally so i get little/no buzz.

I know mine was a ****ty peavey raptor.But I abused it and left it around on the ground without a case or any protection then 1 day,the input jack broke and ALL OF THE PEGS FELL OFF!!!!OH TEH NOES
im sitting here playing a harrier mistral. which is a £70 tele knockoff with a string-in-bridge configuration. i set it up myself with good strings, and fixed the solder joints. which cost me maybe £10 and an hours work. now it plays like a dream.

bottom line - dont abuse...make better.

also, the spiders are okay, as long as your okay with mediocre tone and poor distortion.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by carnagereap666
-_-

I know low action is good,but when the string is touching the fret with out my doing low action is bad

That is no action not low action. And why would you even record clips with a none functioning guitar?

Honestly dude, I would just high tail it before this becomes a flame war your not gonna win. Its ok that you own a spider and like there down, its also ok that your guitar sucks its a starter. But dont go at people that have an ear for tone and say something doesnt suck because you own it. Trying to give yourself a pat on the back in a wolfs den does not get you far. Especially trying to back out and make up stuff along the way.

So all is forgiven if you just chill out, give up the fight and just know that the amp and setup is right for you.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 18, 2009,
Quote by Silver-spear94
im sitting here playing a harrier mistral. which is a £70 tele knockoff with a string-in-bridge configuration. i set it up myself with good strings, and fixed the solder joints. which cost me maybe £10 and an hours work. now it plays like a dream.

bottom line - dont abuse...make better.

also, the spiders are okay, as long as your okay with mediocre tone and poor distortion.

I know I was a little boy when I had that guitar.So I didn't know better now I have lessons and a nice B.C Rich Trace!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2