So, about a year ago I took my first guitar apart with the intentions of repainting it and upgrading it a bit. Its a Kona Electric, don't feel bad if you haven't heard of them, nobody has . Here's a pic of it:

I'm gonna get some work done on the neck, and I was also going to replace the bridge...
...and that's my dilemma. I don't know what to do about the bridge! There's nothing wrong with it, so would it be better to go with a locking nut instead of replacing the bridge? I'm not going to be doing any crazy divebombing, but I need some more tuning stability. So help me out!!

Here's another pic:

I'd go for locking tuners rather than a locking nut due to the fact locking nuts are only used when you have fine tuners on the vibrato.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
I'd go for locking tuners rather than a locking nut due to the fact locking nuts are only used when you have fine tuners on the vibrato.

ok, thanks man. I didn't know that. What kind/brand do you suggest I get?
For the bridge I'd pick up some string-saver saddles: http://graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=13

As the name suggests, they stop string breakage, increase tuning stability, increased sustain, and give better harmonics.

(I'd also buy a Graphtech nut if you're going to be replacing that too.)
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I suggest either sperzel or grover. Sperzel if you want snazzy colors
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Gotoh locking tuners are always nice.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
thanks a bunch! I'll be picking up some locking tuners asap, I'll probably start a new thread once I get this project going and I have something to share

(and I'll check out those saddles too
^Those are the ones with the locker inside right? I've always wanted to try those.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
A new graphtech nut will help the tuning as well and yes I've heard of Kona guitars, I'm waiting for Kona acoustic to get here in the mail. Fairly decent reviews on it from harmony central, so we'll see when I get it. Not a lot of options of lefty cheap acoustics, so I'm hoping it good.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Last edited by GeToChKn at Sep 17, 2009,
Hipshot tuners are little works of art
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.