So, what are your thoughts on Jackson guitars UG?

I'm asking because I have (mostly) agreed to purchase a 2008 DKMG from someone off craigslist, and I just want some opinions.

I am mostly looking for input on their mid - higher end models.

Thanks UG!
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
im playing an rr24 right this minute and i didnt spend the money on it for nothing. I really love jackson guitars, great sound and great playability
Self proclaimed prophets are great people...
There freakin beasts man! I have a Js30 rr fr its one of there lower end models and it screams!I traded my schecter c1 hell raiser for it and never looked back.Im about to get a Jackson Ke3 kelly
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
They're my favorite guitar company. They make comfortable and reliable guitars. There's really not much else to say about them other than consistantly good quality.
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
They're my favorite guitar company. They make comfortable and reliable guitars. There's really not much else to say about them other than consistantly good quality.

This. Even their lower end models are comfortable and sturdy. Havn't had a single quality fault with my js30rr for the 3 years i've owned it. And I can imagine the same if not better for higher end models
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Yeah, I've basically heard all of this from my friends I've asked. I've also heard now that Fender owns em though, it's a real pain to get any replacement parts or deal with their customer service at all.

Would love to hear some feedback about this point also.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic

I got a Jackson DKMG in the beginning of this year and it's awesome. Though, theres some kinda of click near the locking nut when I go a certain point with the whammy which is annoying.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
They smell like poo

honestly

pretty good

but I've come do dislike some of the heels on em...
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I have a Dinky Eerie Dess and it is my favorite out of the bunch. The feel is incredible and the neck is perfect for me.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
I love their High end models, mid to low either I or friends have had some sort of problems with them. But really you just have to be selective, overall they are not something you will want to buy used unless you can try it first.
Quote by mrbreeze317
of course you all realize that Jackson is a division of Fender .......

Doesn't matter- if anything Jackson's quality has gone up since the take over, especially in their Japanese mid range. Jackson is only a division of fender on the business end of things, they still have some of the same people building their guitars (Mike Shannon) that they had since the 80s, their own quality control etc.

Overall- Jacksons are among the best guitars out there. As the owner of both a midrange and a higher end model, I am very happy with both products. I researched the higher end stuff extensively when I was looking for a new guitar, but ESP and Ibanez to me just didn't have the same quality feel as anything Jackson had. In the past few years prices have jumped, but quality and workmanship are still top notch, no matter what price range really. Its a shame they have lost as much as the market share as they have in recent years, but they as the ads always say- they are the original sin.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Sicon
There freakin beasts man! I have a Js30 rr fr its one of there lower end models and it screams!I traded my schecter c1 hell raiser for it and never looked back.Im about to get a Jackson Ke3 kelly

Traded a js30rr for a schecter hellraiser c-1??? Are you insane????
he said he traded the C-1 for the Jackson. not the Jackson for the c1.

P.s EXCELLENT CHOICE LOL
Mission : Operation Shred
Hell yeah I did! Never looked back eather.I love jacksons Iv played Ibanezs,corts,washburns,Schecters,Fenders,Deans,and of course Jacksons and Ill be damned If I get caught finguring a minor on anything but a Jackson lol
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Quote by Richmanofaction
Doesn't matter- if anything Jackson's quality has gone up since the take over, especially in their Japanese mid range. Jackson is only a division of fender on the business end of things, they still have some of the same people building their guitars (Mike Shannon) that they had since the 80s, their own quality control etc.

Overall- Jacksons are among the best guitars out there. As the owner of both a midrange and a higher end model, I am very happy with both products. I researched the higher end stuff extensively when I was looking for a new guitar, but ESP and Ibanez to me just didn't have the same quality feel as anything Jackson had. In the past few years prices have jumped, but quality and workmanship are still top notch, no matter what price range really. Its a shame they have lost as much as the market share as they have in recent years, but they as the ads always say- they are the original sin.

You know your stuff about Jackson. I like that. You and I are going to be best friends I feel.
Quote by Vittu0666
You know your stuff about Jackson. I like that. You and I are going to be best friends I feel.

Yes- I sense the beginning of a long friendship!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
I sense the beginnings of a very informative thread. Thanks guys
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic

Quote by Sicon
Hell yeah I did! Never looked back eather.I love jacksons Iv played Ibanezs,corts,washburns,Schecters,Fenders,Deans,and of course Jacksons and Ill be damned If I get caught finguring a minor on anything but a Jackson lol

You know that the js30rr is cheaper than hellraiser's half price?
They make nice guitars I've got a RR24 and it's great to play and the constructions really good too.
If my post didn't make any sense it's because it wasn't suppose to.
Yes I know my username sucks and no I don't like Nirvana
yeah, I have an older model dinky, with the jackson lisenced floyd rose and seymore duncan imitation pickups, lol. I'm very happy with it ass is. I got it in exchange for letting him tag along with me to an Opeth concert. Thing has probably been floating around the Marine baracks at Twentynine palms for the better half of a decade, but I love it. Also had a JS30RR for a little while- it's fine if you're a beginner, but lol hold off and get a JS3 if you're serious, those stock pickups are garbage. and lol yes you can comfortably sit and play a jackson rr, may need an L shaped cable with the js30 though.
I have a USA SL2H and it is absolutely brilliant. I spent a year, a solid ****ing year, looking at guitars before I bought this guitar. I played anything and everything, regardless of price. When I got the Jackson in my hands it took me about 2 minutes to know I had to have it. The feel is incredible. I'm not normally a huge stickler for looks and I don't scrutinize aspects of guitars that don't affect playability but this guitar even astounds me in this category. The binding is perfect, the inlays have no gaps around the edges, the frets are perfect, no flaws in the finish. It is a 10/10. For a "metal/shred" guitar I do't think there is anything better. Probably the most surprising thing is how well this guitar does things other than metal. Open and barre chords ring true with great definition on each string, the volume and tone controls are very smooth and responsive allowing for a wide range of overdriven and "in-between" sounds. The damn thing even does jazz very well with the tone rolled way back. You just can't go wrong with a USA Jackson.