I looked on Stew-Mac at this bridge because I need this type of bridge to go with my new Bigsby but there are no slots in the saddles for the strings. How do I make the slots correctly? Or is it possible to buy this type of bridge with the slots already? Thank you.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
If it were me I'd go with roller saddles. They cause less friction and will help keep your guitar in tune better with that type of trem system. I've installed this type of setup before for some of my customers and never had a complaint. In fact many told me that this was the best thing that was done on their axe. So give rollers a try and see if you agree. Cutting slots in a blank standard saddle is not as easy as it appears. using the correct file for different guages and such takes time and experience.

Hope that this helps you out in your deciding what to do here.
where can I get the type of bridge that you were talking about? Would I have to slot it myself?
(\__/)
You might check All Parts and folks like that. It's been a while since I bought such a bridge.
I'll do some cheking for you and see if I can locate a company that sells them but I recall buying from All Parts the last time I think...

There is nothing else involved with a roller. You won't have to use a file on a thing! Set it in place. Get your string levels to the right height. And set intonation. A snap to do. You can also bend like a madman and not have a string pop out of a slotted saddle while going all out on your axe. (an added bonus!) HAA!
Bingo! That's the one. Now I'm not sure if you're replacing an ABR1 or a Nashville unit. There is a difference. Or if this is on an import. So, the deal is to measure carefully the distance on the string spacing AND the distance between the bridge posts. If you're careful with your measurements you'll know which unit you're dealing with.

Good luck with this and let me know how it all works out,,, Oh, and the bunny is cool!
i need a bridge for a guitar that i am building. I also noticed that any guitar with either an ABR1 or Nashville the bridge is at an angle. Can someone explain this please?
(\__/)
its for intonation, its actually any and all (most) T-O-M bridges that are designed well.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
so would i need to angle the roller bridge? Also how do I know how far to angle it?
(\__/)
the treble side post goes in line with the line that denotes its position(scale length). The bass side post goes 1/8" back
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Thanks. Since im using a Bigsby how far back does the Bigsby B-5 need to be from the bridge?
(\__/)
anyone know who's installed Bigsby's before?
(\__/)