Page 1 of 2
So my friend's getting into some big stress issues cus his family's being on his nerves all the time, and he said he wants to start smoking to relive stress. Doesn't care about health btw so yeah..

Please tell me how to convince him not to start :/
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
Give him a handjob.

Then punch him in the balls.

Tell him that's what it'll be like.

Awkward at first but feels good.

Will **** him up in the end.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Is he retarded or something...? That's like taking up eating painkillers to stop hunger.

Tell him to take up weed, if anything...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
He does know that Cigarettes contain Nicotine?

And that Nicotine speeds up the heart beat.

Therefore, not relaxing him at all?
RIP Tom Searle.
I would much more advise weed or oxycontin for his vices.
Quote by MH400
He does know that Cigarettes contain Nicotine?

And that Nicotine speeds up the heart beat.

Therefore, not relaxing him at all?

nicotine does relieve anxiety and depression, but only in smokers. the only reason it does id because having a cigarette refills their nicotine craving, making them "feel" calmer. in non smokers speeds everything up. its a stimulant.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by Kensai
Is he retarded or something...? That's like taking up eating painkillers to stop hunger.

Tell him to take up weed, if anything.

+1

cigs just make you more nervous, dude.
Quote by Bair
nicotine does relieve anxiety and depression, but only in smokers. the only reason it does id because having a cigarette refills their nicotine craving, making them "feel" calmer. in non smokers speeds everything up. its a stimulant.

Thats what I meant. I didn't mention the other bit, cus I knew he wasn't a current smoker.

But yeah, this guys sums it up.
RIP Tom Searle.
Pass him a joint.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

It could be he is just trying to look for an outlet to "rebel", possibly.

which is idiotic, to rebel just for the sake of rebelling, and a totally unoriginal one at that.

p.s. and I call them 'fags' it sounds more English
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Last edited by Laces Out Danny at Sep 18, 2009,
Quote by MH400
Thats what I meant. I didn't mention the other bit, cus I knew he wasn't a current smoker.

But yeah, this guys sums it up.

This

+ TS remind him, when he becomes addicted, quiting is so f*cking hard! (I should know )
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
Tell him to face his problems, not attempt to hide behind something that will inevitably kill him.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Tell him to smoke weed. Better stress relief, better taste, no health hazard. WTF is he thinking? does he really want himself a pair of black lungs?
Quote by bluesrocker101
Hmm, you might just be my favorite Oct. 06er.

Quote by acdc51502112
agreed

Quote by *mystery*
Tell him to smoke weed. Better stress relief, better taste, no health hazard. WTF is he thinking? does he really want himself a pair of black lungs?

No health hazard? WTF are you thinking?
It's his choice.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by st.tangfastic
No health hazard? WTF are you thinking?

No health hazard is a pretty silly thing to say.

But relatively, smoking weed does less damage to the health than smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Today is the first day I haven't smoked in years. And I'm doing it in order to pay for my new guitar. The amount of money your friend will spend if he takes up smoking is ridiculous.

I don't care about the health factor, either. But less money=more stress, and so does having to smoke outside when it's freezing out just because people don't want you smoking while watching District 9, the sons of bitches. The simplest way to explain to your friend why he doesn't need to take up smoking.. I live in Missouri, which sells some of the cheapest cigarettes in the country. And I still pay 150 dollars a month on cigarettes.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 18, 2009,
Quote by shattamakar
No health hazard is a pretty silly thing to say.

But relatively, smoking weed does less damage to the health than smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.

The votes still aren't in on that one...
A lot of researchers say that smoking pure weed causes 6 - 12 times more damage to your lungs as sigarettes
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Today is the first day I haven't smoked in years. And I'm doing it in order to pay for my new guitar. The amount of money your friend will spend if he takes up smoking is ridiculous.

I don't care about the health factor, either. But less money=more stress, and so does having to smoke outside when it's freezing out just because people don't want you smoking while watching District 9, the sons of bitches. The simplest way to explain to your friend why he doesn't need to take up smoking.. I live in Missouri, which sells some of the cheapest cigarettes in the country. And I still pay 150 dollars a month on cigarettes.

Nothing, I repeat, nothing should distract people from watching the awesomeness which is that movie.

Quote by I=Cookie
The votes still aren't in on that one...
A lot of researchers say that smoking pure weed causes 6 - 12 times more damage to your lungs as sigarettes

Links? All the data I've seen of that statement has been flawed.
Quote by Kensai
Nothing, I repeat, nothing should distract people from watching the awesomeness which is that movie.

Links? All the data I've seen of that statement has been flawed.

Then they either need to let me smoke in theaters, stop the movie for five minutes every hour, or I need to quit smoking.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Kensai is right, all of the data I've seen for I=Cookie's arguments are government-run, and want you to think that weed is that bad.
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Then they either need to let me smoke in theaters, stop the movie for five minutes every hour, or I need to quit smoking.

If you quit smoking you'll have more money, so you can see the movie more times in theatre!
Quote by mcfreaki
Kensai is right, all of the data I've seen for I=Cookie's arguments are government-run, and want you to think that weed is that bad.

As opposed to the studies performed by Jerry Garcia and Tommy Chong.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Kensai
If you quit smoking you'll have more money, so you can see the movie more times in theatre!

Nuh uh, I just bought a Taylor and I need to be able to keep it. So at least until January, all the money I save from not smoking goes towards that.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by mcfreaki

The point remains most people cant afford to smoke blunts and need to smoke with some kind of tobacco.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
As opposed to the studies performed by Jerry Garcia and Tommy Chong.

this!

And since I already knew you were going to ask that, I searched for a while...

But if the comment is already given that it's al government controlled, why should I even bother to post it?
Quote by Johnny skins

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Nuh uh, I just bought a Taylor and I need to be able to keep it. So at least until January, all the money I save from not smoking goes towards that.

Good on you for setting goals

Quote by I=Cookie
this!

And since I already knew you were going to ask that, I searched for a while...

But if the comment is already given that it's al government controlled, why should I even bother to post it?

Humour me...
Share a joint together. Some of the best ideas of manking come from sharing a joint
Quote by Kensai
Humour me...

Always

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Smoking+causes+much+damage+tobacco+Study/1863288/story.html

Once again I'm not saying that it's true, but you can't rule out anything... one of the articles I encountered stated that the body was not designed to inhale smoke, wether it was from cigarettes, weed or any kind of other substance...

Smoking (no matter what kind of smoking) is just bad for you...

(and no I'm not being a little angel, I've been addicted for 10 years already )
Quote by Johnny skins

Durr Durr i iz so stressed ouuut i need teh smokez..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Woozye
Share a joint together. Some of the best ideas of manking come from sharing a joint

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Man-king ??

Quote by I=Cookie
Always

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Smoking+causes+much+damage+tobacco+Study/1863288/story.html

(and no I'm not being a little angel, I've been addicted for 10 years already )

You said it was many more time dangerous than cigarettes though, which has been studied and not really proven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marijuana#Health_issues_and_the_effects_of_cannabis

Here's the general diagram on health/dpendence.

I have to shower hence the short post but I'll be back if this thread continues.

Quote by I=Cookie
Once again I'm not saying that it's true, but you can't rule out anything... one of the articles I encountered stated that the body was not designed to inhale smoke, wether it was from cigarettes, weed or any kind of other substance...

Smoking (no matter what kind of smoking) is just bad for you...

That's true yeah.
Quote by st.tangfastic
The point remains most people cant afford to smoke blunts and need to smoke with some kind of tobacco.

you can always grow your own, all you need is a greenhouse and some seeds, make sure to water it regularly.
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
One phrase sums up your pussy-like "I wanna help everyone" California attitude.

"Don't drink, don't smoke, eat healthy, die anyway."
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Who starts smoking to relieve stress? The only acceptable reason to start smoking is because of how cool it makes you. Dont tell him not to start, tell him to come up with a better justification for starting.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Page 1 of 2