To any Australian classical guitarists: do you know what is required for a grade 2 AMEB classical guitar examination? I'm wondering because to do this class that I'd like to do, I need to be up to that level - I've been self taught for 2 years on electric and have had guitar lessons here and there. I think I'd be able to do what is required, but it'd be neat to actually know.

Thanks.
Quote by yoyodunno
I don't know, but reading music would be a start.

I can read music, but I'm not great at reading it for guitar if you know what I mean. I can figure the notes out, but it'd be more time effective for me to just get the tab..
Quote by LeftyDave
How about you check it out for yourself? It took me all of 2 seconds to find the site.

http://www.ameb.utas.edu.au/index.html

Too bad that's AMEB for Tasmania, maybe you should look at the site yourself before you tell me to

I've been looking at the actual site, but it doesn't have the syllabus on it - you have to buy the syllabus as far as I know, which is why I was asking whether UGers who have had experience with the AMEB system what grade 2 was like. In any case, I'll just ask my school...
Most likely both will have the same or similar prerequisites for the tests, whether it be Taz or Au proper. The Taz site I linked you to has quite a bit of info. I pointed it out like I did because something as specific as this would be better to check into yourself rather than ask here. I assume you have a telephone?
Quote by kenan6346
I can read music, but I'm not great at reading it for guitar if you know what I mean. I can figure the notes out, but it'd be more time effective for me to just get the tab..

well right now get the up to the first three frets of the guitar memorized for what notes they are, and get to practicing your reading because there aren't really tabs for classical guitar.