Page 1 of 2
i know absolutely nothing bout the car you're talking about but maybe it doesnt reach its top speed cos its nearly 15years old?!

is it an ex-police car? or just the same model as police cars?
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
it's called a governer. it limits the speed your car will go, despite it's actual performance levels. and unless ur car has the colors and the roof lights, i'd bet a nut that's what it is slowing u down.
i always come to UG for a tab, but get sucked into the pit

[SoWrongItsMatt]Have you tried, "Sex on fire?"

[[x]Huffy[x]]Either way I'm gonna be too stoned to care.

what he said.^

i love qotsa

mymusic
enjoy it.
Yeah don't drive that fast on a ****ty car like that. The other day I almost crashed due to speed, and that taught me a lesson. Or not. But it should have
Quote by mow_mow
it's called a governer. it limits the speed your car will go, despite it's actual performance levels. and unless ur car has the colors and the roof lights, i'd bet a nut that's what it is slowing u down.

This, it's the governer, I know it's an ex-police car, but when they turn them back into civilian cars and put them on the market, they take the speed chip from the police cars and turn it back to stock. That's why it won't do 145 like most police cars. My recommendation if you want to go that fast, get another speed chip.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Wheel balancing maybe. If you've lost a wheel weight or two that tends to make the car juddery at high speed.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by dhutton
age isn't always a factor, my car's nineteen years old and i can hit 130mph easy

really?
go on then, what car?
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
any number of things could be unbalanced. Probably a wheel like someone said. Could be the driveshaft, or a U-joint could be bad. Also, there is no way that the car will do 145mph sorry. Takes alot of power to move something that heavy so fast.
Quote by russiaininvader
any number of things could be unbalanced. Probably a wheel like someone said. Could be the driveshaft, or a U-joint could be bad. Also, there is no way that the car will do 145mph sorry. Takes alot of power to move something that heavy so fast.

Uhhhh...yeah, it will do 145mph, in fact, it only takes about 300 horsepower or so to move a car that fast. All it needs is the governer taken out and a long stretch of road to allow it time to go that fast.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
I know my car can do 160 and its 20 years old. Nissan 300zx with 79k miles...

You hit the limiter bro.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
My car can do a million and is a million years old.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by crackhutch
This, it's the governer, I know it's an ex-police car, but when they turn them back into civilian cars and put them on the market, they take the speed chip from the police cars and turn it back to stock. That's why it won't do 145 like most police cars. My recommendation if you want to go that fast, get another speed chip.

And that sums this thread up perfectly.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by derekwalden_-33
Sorry if theres a big thread, in a hurry for school.
I have a 1995 Crown Vic. Police Interceptor (Cop Car) and for some reason when you hit 90, it starts to shake and wont accelerate anymore.
Anyone know whats causeing this?
Thanks a ton, and sorry if theres a big thread.

Leave earlier for school instead of making threads. Then you won't need to speed.

/thread
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
despite what you think you are not as good of driver as you think you are follow the speed limit.

Edits: The governer maintains engine speed at a certain point it does not shut anything off. you should really just follow the speed limit or youre going to get yourself ****in killed
Last edited by epiless at Sep 18, 2009,
Ex-police car =/= police car performance.

And you're not really cool for driving fast. Just drive like a normal person so you don't die.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
You don't have any need to be going that fast. Sounds to me like a Governator chip in your car that doesn't let you get any faster than 90MPH.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

going that fast will get you a reckless driving ticket which is like 600$ and then your insurance will jump up to 250$ just for liability. what so you get to school 5 minutes earlier.
this is why i think driving laws in our country are too lax, because of jackasses like ts
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
My car can do a million and is a million years old.

My car is a piece of ****.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
What's with all the damn speed Nazis in this thread?
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
that shaking is your car saying SLOW THE FVCK DOWN and the engines obviously not what it used to be
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
The people in this thread:

The people who think TS is a douche/retard for trying to go that fast
the people who actually know about cars giving legit answers
the people who think they know about cars giving stupid answers
the people who brag about how fast the cars they "own" can go.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by derekwalden_-33
Sorry if theres a big thread, in a hurry for school.
I have a 1995 Crown Vic. Police Interceptor (Cop Car) and for some reason when you hit 90, it starts to shake and wont accelerate anymore.
Anyone know whats causeing this?
Thanks a ton, and sorry if theres a big thread.

its the computer in the car shutting it off
Quote by parigod
The people in this thread:

The people who think TS is a douche/retard for trying to go that fast
the people who actually know about cars giving legit answers
the people who think they know about cars giving stupid answers
the people who brag about how fast the cars they "own" can go.
and parigod, who is compelled to state the obvious but adds no content to the thread.
*fixed*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I took it to a shop, and it is indeed the governer. Thanks guys.
But while this thread is alive, since its got 248,000 miles on it, what do you recomend I do extra to keep it running for the longest time?
Im changing tranny fluid, oil, flushing radiator, new battery, new filters of course. Any other recomendations?
With that kind of mileage it' probably on its way out. I would just replace the fluids and follow through with normal maintenance. Investing large amounts of money into it is just not a good idea.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Quote by Daftendire
What's with all the damn speed Nazis in this thread?

i agree, if they dont want to drive fast, dont. but dont be a ****ing douche to the people that do. its obviously natural for MEN to want to drive fast or the sport of racing wouldnt have been invented.

on topic, i have a jeep thats that old and did the same thing at about 97mph and it has more things wrong with it than things that work. my bet would be, that just like other people said, its a governor. the police interceptors are specially built for the police with special high output V8s and alot of other performance parts that will help them catch the guy thats speeding. if their going to sell the car, their probably going to want to limit that because if someone else has essentially the same car and is a better driver than them, their ****ed. so they probably put governors on them to keep that from happening
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Sounds like the tranny has problems shifting gears. Doing pit maneuvers and smashing into **** at high speeds will do that to the transmition. For a quick fix, there is stuff you can by and add to the transmition (besides ATF) thats supposed to work wonders and fix those kinds of problems. I forget what its called as i never had to use it myself. Google it or something or ask around a car repair shop (NAPA or something)

Oh yea, don't know anything about these 'governors'. I don't think canadian crown vics have them, ours are absolutely stock.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by SoLgEr
i agree, if they dont want to drive fast, dont. but dont be a ****ing douche to the people that do. its obviously natural for MEN to want to drive fast or the sport of racing wouldnt have been invented.

Going 90 in a 60 puts everyone on the road at risk. If your that guy, your an ass and an idiot. Speed limits aren't there to recommend a speed. They are there to keep you(the speeder) from plowing into other people who assume you are going the speed limit.

Hasn't that ever happened to you. You look in your mirror, there is someone way back there. You go to change lanes, and low and behold, the person is already right THERE. You just happen to get back out the way before they almost kill you.

On topic.

Plug and wire, check suspension bushing, and high pressure lines(eg. brake lines).
epic7734
Quote by epic7734
Going 90 in a 60 puts everyone on the road at risk. If your that guy, your an ass and an idiot. Speed limits aren't there to recommend a speed. They are there to keep you(the speeder) from plowing into other people who assume you are going the speed limit.

Hasn't that ever happened to you. You look in your mirror, there is someone way back there. You go to change lanes, and low and behold, the person is already right THERE. You just happen to get back out the way before they almost kill you.

On topic.

Plug and wire, check suspension bushing, and high pressure lines(eg. brake lines).

nope cant say that it has, i look before i change lanes sorry. if you were doing things the way you were supposed to, you'd look, check your blind spots, look again then change lanes. and you mean to tell me that when you look in your mirror you cant tell that the dude behind you is going wayyyy over the speed limit?

and, nowhere in this thread did ts say that he was doing 90 down the busiest highway in his town at the middle of rush hour. for all you and all the other speed nazis know it was down some back county road or out in the middle of the desert somewhere, or hell he could have even had it on a dyno. so if all your gonna do is say how what he does is bad and how he shouldnt do it and ****, leave the thead and do it somewhere where people care what you think, and its on topic to the damn question at hand
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Last edited by SoLgEr at Sep 19, 2009,
Page 1 of 2