Im not terribly familiar with either guitar, but higher output pickups make pinch harmonics way easier to play.
It matters on how low, and close your strings are to your pick ups.
I think thinner strings will do better with pinch harmonics on your strat.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
If both guitars are unplugged, then string height has nothing to do with it, you're probably just hitting the wrong spots on the strat.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by gitahjunkie
Im not terribly familiar with either guitar, but higher output pickups make pinch harmonics way easier to play.

epic
its probably all in the set up man
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by biga29
If both guitars are unplugged, then string height has nothing to do with it, you're probably just hitting the wrong spots on the strat.

Agreed. The Ibanez probably has more frets than the strat and that messes up where the harmonics can come out. On a 24 fret Ibanez the last fret is about where the first pickup on an SSS strat is as far as string length is concerned.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
I don't see how having the extra frets will mess up where the harmonics are. They are both the same scale length so the harmonics will occur at the same places along the length of the strings.
Quote by melton100
I don't see how having the extra frets will mess up where the harmonics are. They are both the same scale length so the harmonics will occur at the same places along the length of the strings.

Because the extra frets mess up where you hit the harmonic... If you're not familiar with harmonics, and you play a harmonic above the 24th fret on a guitar, then go to your other 22 fret guitar thinking "The harmonic is at the end of the fretboard", when it's actually about an inch past the fretboard.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
Because the extra frets mess up where you hit the harmonic... If you're not familiar with harmonics, and you play a harmonic above the 24th fret on a guitar, then go to your other 22 fret guitar thinking "The harmonic is at the end of the fretboard", when it's actually about an inch past the fretboard.

OK, no. The harmonic is in the same place. Like you just said. You're hitting the same spot. THere just happens to be a fret there on a 24 fretter.
Quote by melton100
OK, no. The harmonic is in the same place. Like you just said. You're hitting the same spot. THere just happens to be a fret there on a 24 fretter.

Yeh, it's just all in [someone's] head, you think you're hitting it in the same spot but you're not.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29

I was just talking about the 5th / 7th / 12th harmonics