Hey guys,

Just looking for songs (well mainly riffs) that show off the main common effects found in rock electric guitar playing, to show someone learning guitar.

Mainly want reverb, delay, wah-wah, chorus, phaser and flanger.

The riffs I'm looking for are the most famous examples of the effect... for example, Voodoo Child for wah.

If not, some suggestions for research would help... I cant even find any hits on google!

Thanks all
Hair bit of chorus and Reverb- Metallica cleans
Delay- U2
Ebow- Explosions In the Sky

Just listing bands that use it heavely cant dont have time to remember songs at the moment.
in the announcement at the top of the forum there is a list of effects, what they do, common styles and some have examples of songs they are in. thats a good place to start your research. then try wikipedia
Digital Delay-Slowdive-Souvlaki Space Station
Analog Delay-U2-Where the Streets Have No Name
Plaser-Van Halen-Atomic Punk
Reverb-Most songs have this
Whammy-Audioslave-Like a Stone
Chorus-Slowdive-Alison
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
tremolo - audioslave - gasoline (verse)
wah + whammy 2 octaves up - rage against the machine - renegades of funk (intro)
whammy 2 (or 1?) octaves down - white stripes seven nation army intro

RATM- guerrilla radio tremolo (intro), wah or envelope filter (verse), phaser (bridge) whammy (solo)

damn i love morello
Wah: Voodoo Child, Enter Sandman (Solo), Bulls on Parade (Intro), Sweet Child O Mine (Solo), Surfing With The Alien, Bad Horsie
Phaser: Eruption
Whammy: Killing In The Name (Solo), Like A Stone (Solo)
Delay: Freedom (Solo)
Chorus: One (Intro)
Fuzz: Purple Haze
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Why not download the demo of Guitar Rig?

Even if you don't set it up to use your guitar with, it comes with tons of unprocessed guitar samples. All you have to do is load one into the player at the top, leave it on a loop and then you can mess around with all the different FX to hear their effect on the guitar.
Quote by hitl
tremolo - audioslave - gasoline (verse)
wah + whammy 2 octaves up - rage against the machine - renegades of funk (intro)
whammy 2 (or 1?) octaves down - white stripes seven nation army intro

RATM- guerrilla radio tremolo (intro), wah or envelope filter (verse), phaser (bridge) whammy (solo)

damn i love morello

Morello FTW, best example how to use effects.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
check my profile for a jam i did with a mutron bi-phase(titled 'mutron bi-phase demo' appropriately enough). that is one demo you're not gonna run across much, it'll be hard to find any phaser that compares to it.

notice the super stereo phase goodness
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 18, 2009,