I have a Peavey 5150 head without a footswitch...I want to run my DBX compressor and 31 band EQ through the effects loop but cannot activate it without the footswitch. Does anybody know of a way to make the FX loop useful without a footswitch (other than buying a footswitch...which I will do but I have a gig on Saturday so I need a solution ASAP).

thanks guys
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
go out and buy a peavey footswitch, the are like $20 and you can ask someone and try it on a Peavey 6505 that they have in the showroom at a guitar shop. Or just put it in your signal chain right after your guitar.
Crap, you need mikeyElite.

He linked me to a site of some guy on here who made custom pedals for amps, they actually look tons better than the original footswitches, and are pretty cheap. Not sure if you'd actually be able to get it by Saturday though...

Best thing to do is just look around at local shops and find a decent Peavey footswitch, otherwise you'd have to order online, which is kind of out of your time deadline...you know, gig Saturday.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by Trivium7
go out and buy a peavey footswitch, the are like $20 and you can ask someone and try it on a Peavey 6505 that they have in the showroom at a guitar shop. Or just put it in your signal chain right after your guitar.

yeah I'm gonna have to do somethin like that...the only problem is that a 6505 has a different footswitch input than the 5150. The 5150 is a standard speaker cable input while the 6505 is a 7 pin connecter (or something similar). THe other guitarist in my band has a 6505+ so we already tried that one! haha thanks though man I appreciate it.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by ZeroCS
Crap, you need mikeyElite.

He linked me to a site of some guy on here who made custom pedals for amps, they actually look tons better than the original footswitches, and are pretty cheap. Not sure if you'd actually be able to get it by Saturday though...

Best thing to do is just look around at local shops and find a decent Peavey footswitch, otherwise you'd have to order online, which is kind of out of your time deadline...you know, gig Saturday.

Yeah I may have to do without unless I can find one at my crappy local music stores haha Thanks for the info man...If you find that link send it to me please!
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
Yeah I may have to do without unless I can find one at my crappy local music stores haha Thanks for the info man...If you find that link send it to me please!

Worst comes to worst you can PM him if you want it after the gig.

He's a bit of an active 'fellr on here, not to mention a mod. I wish I remembered the damn site though.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...