Hey guys

If i was to get a laptop and put some software on there that gives me a loud of tonal options, could I plug my bass into the laptop, then the laptop straight into PA? If so what sort of software would i need? And could I use this and the software that comes with it?

http://line6.com/podstudioux2/

thanks
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Yeah you can. Is it gonna sound good? doubt it.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Yes you can, and I can't see why it would affect your tone although admittedly I have never tried it so I don't know from personal experience. To be honest I think its designed for studio use rather than live performance, but its worth trying I suppose.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
you would be better off using this http://line6.com/basspodxtlive/
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
My friend runs his guitars into a laptop and then out into a mixer (and subsequently into a PA), although I'm not sure what he uses to do it. I'll have to ask him
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
So would I just be better off getting a decent sansamp DI and then going into the PA?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
The sansamp bass driver DI gets great reviews everywhere and i really like the sound clips i've heard. can't be a bad decision i'd say.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Line 6 stuff has a reputation for coloring your tone and making everything sound the same. Fun for at home practice, not the best for live shows if you want a real natural sound.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
The POD XT live would be better, but yes you can do that, sort of.

The POD studio has its own monitor channel, so you'd plug the bass AND the line to the PA into it. The only job for the computer is to control it. There's a bit of lag with that though...I wouldn't recommend it.

However, that thing is great for recording.

edit:
Quote by l3p4rd
Line 6 stuff has a reputation for coloring your tone and making everything sound the same. Fun for at home practice, not the best for live shows if you want a real natural sound.

The cheap amps/pods yes, but the pro quality stuff is awesome.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Sep 19, 2009,
I've tried doing something like this before, but for recording. Used a 1/4"-3.5mm cable to connect my bass right to the microphone jack, it generally sounded pretty awful, and without an active EQ it doesn't work at all. Plus, there's bound to be some delay.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX