Our school has a annual talent show and me and my friend are having troubles deciding on what song to play. We are both into metal. He is a great bassist who can play most any song, I am an average guitarist, can't play anything that is incredibly difficult. We have been looking for a song to play but can't find one that we reall feel like doing, so I figured I may as well try and get some suggestions. We don't really want anything overdone, so no Master of Puppets, Enter Sandman, Crazy Train, e.t.c.

Some bands we both like are Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Amon Amarth, Metallica's older stuff, Cannibal Corpse, Mastadon, Hammerfall, Firewind, Blind Guardian, Lamb of God, In Flames. Theres more but that should give a rough idea. Thanks for any suggestions it is greatly appreciated.
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
So just bass and guitar?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Beelzeboss by Tenacious D, I know someone who did it, it was awesome
...What!?
I CUM BLOOD!

a
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Play an instrumental of Endless Rain.

Great bass playing.

Great song.

Since there's not much guitar except for the solo, you could play the vocal melodies instead.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
no we have a drummer too sorry i forgot to mention
Quote by andy_thomas
Whiskey in the Jar. Any version, if the judges are your teachers most will know it, plus theres a Metalica version so metal ergo, win win.
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
Quote by shmikeyboy
Something decent ie. NO metal?

In your opinion, yes metal may not be decent, but I enjoy it so whatever.
Quote by andy_thomas
Quote by Imalius
no we have a drummer too sorry i forgot to mention

Painkiller by Judas Priest.

Do IT.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Live for the Kill- Amon Amarth
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Hourglass by Lamb of God. Will you be getting a drummer and vocalist and possibly a second guitar player?
Come Clarity by In Flames. That one got me a bit of fanfare at my talent show in California.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by Syndromity
Painkiller by Judas Priest.

Do IT.

Ya right, no way.

I would say Orion by Metallica, nice bass solo and some easy guitar stuff plus its an instrumental.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by DimebagRob
Hourglass by Lamb of God. Will you be getting a drummer and vocalist and possibly a second guitar player?

This, or Laid to Rest by LoG.

The 'vomit riff' in Hourglass can be pretty hard to get down, and we don't know OP's skill level.

I'd say Laid to Rest is a bit easier but probably more popular since it was on GH2.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
TYRANNY OF STEEL - IRON SAVIOR

Assuming you can handle that. You need to sing it, as well.

I suggest power metal over death metal for a talent show. It's more happy and the crowd will like it more. Even some Hair Metal would be good. Some good ones that you might like and aren't too difficult: Lavatory Love Machine (Power), Raise Your Hands (Hair Metal), Die For Metal (Kinda Power Metal).

If there's no singing, I suggest you try something that is metal but still singable for the rest of the crowd who's not into the death scene. Try some melodic death with a moderate amount of distortion (as death metal goes anyway).

Then again, you could go for the humor approach, and play Get To The Choppa

Or just fuck the crowd and play Evisceration Plague. Not too difficult and FUCKING BRUTAL. Blood and Thunder would also be great. In fact, you should play one song that is just flat-out death metal, if only for a few seconds in the middle of your song at a breakdown or something.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Demonology
This, or Laid to Rest by LoG.

The 'vomit riff' in Hourglass can be pretty hard to get down, and we don't know OP's skill level.

I'd say Laid to Rest is a bit easier but probably more popular since it was on GH2.

No ****ing kidding. I can do the whole song then it comes to that part and my hands are like wtf...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
you both like Megadeth, so I'd say Peace Sells.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Three words SEVEN NATION ARMY you wont make any mistakes in that
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Quote by kbabz22
Three words SEVEN NATION ARMY you wont make any mistakes in that

Booooriiinggg.

That song is the Smoke on the Water of the generations to come.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Demonology
Booooriiinggg.

That song is the Smoke on the Water of the generations to come.

Could you not notice i said it as a joke?
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Screw metal, you won't win a talent contest by playing metal. Play some Level 42, or if you don't like that play some early Chili Peppers, like 'Salute to Kareem'.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by kbabz22
Could you not notice i said it as a joke?

It's kinda hard to detect sarcasm over the internet unless you add a smiley face at the end or something.

'Dude you should learn a Green Day song'

'Dude you should learn a Green Day song... :P'

I know Green Day is an obvious joke in the first place, but just an example.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy