I've been writing down the Major scales off the music theory thread all the Sharp keys, flat keys and Enharmonic and now I've finished and i can't find the Minor scales anywhere.. can anyone help me please?
Don't Be Afraid and just look across Blue Fields.
You'll eventually see the Fisherman's Horizon.
you will find the notes of each natural minor scale if you start from the sixth note of a major scale.

C major
C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C

A minor
A-B-C-D-E-F-G-A

G major
G-A-B-C-D-E-F#-G

E minor
E-F#-G-A-B-C-D-E

A major
A-B-C#-D-E-F#-G#-A

F# minor
F#-G#-A-B-C#-E-F#

etc.
Look at the circle of fifths:
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
^ +1

you need to memorize the Major scale to relative minor relationships.
shred is gaudy music
Thanks a lot
Going through the circle now =]
Don't Be Afraid and just look across Blue Fields.
You'll eventually see the Fisherman's Horizon.
Another way to find minor scales - parallel minor scales (ones with the same root as the major) rather than relative minor scales (ones with a different root but using all the same notes as the major), is that while a Major scale in intervals is

R 2 3 4 5 6 7

A natural minor scale is

R 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7

So if C Major is C D E F G A B, C natural minor is C D Eb F G Ab Bb

Its worth knowing all different ways of finding them, as they are all useful in different circumstances, and help you understand different concepts, so when you try and learn something else, like chord construction or different scales or modes, its a lot easier as you understand teh concept behind it.
^ good call

the more angles you can see it from, the better.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Novalydian
Thanks a lot
Going through the circle now =]
That's one the most inspiring things I've heard in a while.

If you ever get serious with guitar or writing music...that circle is gonna become more and more a part of your life. It's an awesome tool. Best of luck with your scales man!
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
That's one the most inspiring things I've heard in a while.

If you ever get serious with guitar or writing music...that circle is gonna become more and more a part of your life. It's an awesome tool. Best of luck with your scales man!

Ive actually gotten by without it (and consider myself to be serious about writing music and playing guitar), however it is a good visual aid. Definitely worth being aware of.
shred is gaudy music