Page 1 of 2
Anyone else feel like they're stuck with a company? Like they offer stuff that other companies don't offer that you really like? For me, I feel like I'm stuck with Ibanez because of their necks and trems. No neck can compare to the Wizard Prestige for me. But it's mainly the unfinished aspect of it. I can adjust to a different neck profile. And I think the design of the Edge Zero and Edge ZR is brilliant. If someone gave me $5,000 for a guitar, I would still buy an Ibanez.
you could just build your own guitars, or just sand off the finish off another guitars neck and install the zr trem
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Kinda stuck on Jackson and need a guitar with a FR. Played a les paul last week, it was nice but I was happy to get back on my Jackson.
yeah as you can tell by my sig, i`m a ibanez nutter,i like vox and boss and EH for effects (but have started looking at tc electronics for a rack system) and once i get my carvin legacy amp + cab i`ll be set.

it`d would be very easy to take this thread towards a "who you would be endorsed by" thread though.
ur probably just talking guitars, but im severly stuck on danelectro pedals (the series right above FAB, with all the food names). they make decent stuff for DIRTY DIRT cheap. im not really into effects, so i need something cheap just to mess around with, and i have yet to find a DE pedal i didnt like, let alone for the price.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by ibanezgod1973
it`d would be very easy to take this thread towards a "who you would be endorsed by" thread though.

Mine would definitely be Ibanez and VHT (Fryette)
ESP/LTD and Tanglewood. One for electric other for acoustic. Take a guess which one
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Fender man here. Most other guitars feel odd to me.

I think a lot of people stick to what the people they grew up listening to played. (That doesn't go for everyone, but the majority.)

For instance, David Gilmour played strats because all the people he listened to played strats.
Not really stuck on electrics, but more on acoustics. I just have an overwhelming bias towards Seagull acoustics. Sometimes I think I'm stuck on EHX, all I ever think about is buying more EHX pedals, I think it's something to do with the funny names.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
My favourites are all Carvins, but I´ve never had the situation with only liking a single brand.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
Dave Weiner influenced eh

I've never even heard of him, but I just love the VHT tone.
Fender here.

Nothing will ever beat a Strat for me. Telecasters are just as good too. Heck, I would happily play any current production Fender. They feel so 'right'. My Strat just feels different from all other guitars that I've played.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Sometimes I felt stuck with Marshall, then realised that there's much more stuff than that and that other brands can sound at least as good as them.
For my next guitar I'm stuck with B.C. Rich, because of the Mockingbird ST with OFR, which I can get new for under 500€.

But I don't really feel stuck to a brand.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I'm a fender guy for sure, all of my gear is pretty much Fender lol. Would like a Les Paul though
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Not really. I'll play anything so long as it has the feel, sound, and vibe I'm after and if I don't like it I'll either mod it or change it, so long as I can afford it. I love my Charvel to death and if I had more money I'd buy a custom shop model, and that's because I adore the vibe and the necks, and with the right tonewoods and pickups they sound fantastic too. If I didn't want that vibe, I'd buy something else. Simple as that.

Brand loyalty without endorsement is, to me, sort of subconscious imitation of the rock star you want to be. If the shoe fits, fucking wear it, dude.
I'm kinda stuck on Schecters. I am slowly getting attracted to Jackson too. I played a few and thought they were great. I couldn't get myself to love an Ibanez or epiphone/Gibson though. and I'm kinda partial to ESP/LTD's. especially the EC series.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Rock Pig
Brand loyalty without endorsement is, to me, sort of subconscious imitation of the rock star you want to be. If the shoe fits, fucking wear it, dude.

It's not about brand loyalty, it's just that certain companies do certain things. I could care less who's name is on the headstock of my guitar or who else uses it, as long as it's good. I would play anything with a Wizard Prestige neck and an Edge Zero or Edge ZR. Unfortunately, only Ibanez makes those. I would love to get something else but the cost isn't justified when you like it less than something you already have that works perfectly for you and what you play.
nah, not really. I mean, there are obviously some companies which i like more than others, and some which I'd never envision buying anything from, but by and large I have quite a wide range of disparate stuff. I actually like buying stuff from different manufacturers, as a change is as good as a rest, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i've always been an ibanez fan. i'm trying to sell off my guitars now (no money!) but i know ibanez is a brand i can always come back to.

i don't consider myself a "fanboy" for anything really, but i always come to ibanez's defense i've had my fair share of arguments with a friend of mine over ibanez's quality.

anyway, i love their necks, pickup configurations, and trems. they've always just made pretty damn decent guitars, in my opinion.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I sort of try to get something different each time as I don't like repeating myself. Though it's going to be hard to not get another Carvin what with those prices for those features. Hard to beat it.
A PRS would be wicked if they weren't so expensive.
I'm stuck with Gibson and Schecter because thin necks make my left hand cramp, and by thin I mean even relatively thin, I can't play rhythm on Fenders. Of course, that doesn't really bother me, a beat-to-**** black or plain-top sunburst 50's neck Les Paul sounds perfect. Any other thick-ass neck-using companies you guys want to toss out there? I'm aware of Warmoth's "boat" profile.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Sep 18, 2009,
I realy like the feel of B.C. Rich, but love ibanez just as much i think. If B.C. Rich would make more standard shape guitars i would prefer them i think, the wacky shapes make them ahrder to play sometimes.
I don't feel like im stuck to it but i really like the Les Paul shape, it just fits me perfect.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Dave_Mc
nah, not really. I mean, there are obviously some companies which i like more than others, and some which I'd never envision buying anything from, but by and large I have quite a wide range of disparate stuff. I actually like buying stuff from different manufacturers, as a change is as good as a rest, kind of thing.

Dave lets be honest you'll follow any guitar brand that makes a guitar with a 43mm nut
I'm stuck on pre 2000's Gibsons, especially the necks on thier 70s and 80s Les Pauls and SGs. I could definitely play a Schecter though, it would just be an adjustment.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
ESP electrics... The necks are so much more comfortable than Ibanez necks because they're nowhere near as paper-thin nor are they as flat.
Taylor acoustics... The tone I get out of them is the way I like it: crisp, trebly, and defined. Plus they're damned nice guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Guitars- I would go with Ibanez

Basses- I'm torn between Spector and Fender
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
I absolutely am in love with Gibson necks. I would marry it. I have longer fingers and the fatter neck of the Gibson supports my hand better and I feel that I have more control. I value that over speed.

Gibson for guitars and my KJL is kickass, even if he only builds three models.
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Because of the features I want in a guitar, and the price point, I've narrowed it down to either ESP LTD or Schecter.
I know what you mean. And I completely agree with you on the Ibanez Wizard necks. They are so smooth and sleek, it's kinda tough to move to anything else. When I first got my Gibson Les Paul with a finished neck, it was a big change. It felt like my hands were sticking to the neck, and it was tough to move around. But eventually you get used to it.
Yeah schecter does everything for me neck, playabiliy and spec wise.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Yea, I'm not entirely sure who I like the....

*looks down towards his signature*

ah ha!

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Jackson's. I'm always wanting one for some reason.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I've been PRS man since I started playing guitar. They're perfect for me and if I had the money, it'd be the first thing I'd buy

EDIT: oh, and I had forgotten my other love, Ibanez! The first electric I played was an RG and I've liked them ever since (just not as much as PRS). If they released a 7 string RGA with trem, it'd be my second buy without a doubt, I've wanted one for years
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Last edited by Mahoru at Sep 19, 2009,
Page 1 of 2