What are the advantages/disadvantages of tuning to straight fourths (EADGBCF) ?
And I'm posting it here because I may tune my classical guitar to it, and I'd need to know if that tuning would ruin something.
You could always find out for yourself. It won't ruin your guitar or anything, but it will completely change your playing and everything.
Quote by flipsnake
What are the advantages/disadvantages of tuning to straight fourths (EADGBCF) ?

You have a seven-string classical?

I kid. I'm sure you meant EADGCF. I can't comment, since I know no songs the use this tuning, but I'm sure you could make up something pretty interesting.

Edit: And no, that tuning wouldn't ruin anything (except for your ability to play standard songs).
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Sep 18, 2009,
AHAHAHA, thanks for spotting that. I did mean to post EADGCF.
And I did try it out, but the extra tension on the C and F strings made me feel nervous, and I quickly put it back to Standard.

The reason I'm trying it out is because I'm a bassist, and the major third interval between G and B irks me a bit.
Quote by flipsnake
AHAHAHA, thanks for spotting that. I did mean to post EADGCF.
And I did try it out, but the extra tension on the C and F strings made me feel nervous, and I quickly put it back to Standard.

The reason I'm trying it out is because I'm a bassist, and the major third interval between G and B irks me a bit.

It'll make it very, very difficult to play 6 string major and minor chords and barre technique will become challenging and/or interesting, depending on your bent.
Hopefully interesting...and I've started to get a bit used to Standard tuning, but I'll still give it a shot.