Page 1 of 3
With the exception of bands like Opeth, Agalloch, Behemoth (their new CD is alright) and Sepultora. I cant really listen to metal anymore. I've been looking into alot of new metal bands lately and some of em sound great but the fact is that they come NO WHERE NEAR AS HEAVY AS MESHUGGAH and are therefor obsolete. Its kind of sad... Deathmetal has become a dead genre for me. Before Meshuggah I was really loving Bloodbath, Obscura and Nile but those bands seem like a joke now compared to meshuggah. Except bloodbath. Bloodbath is still sick.

Its not cool though. Anyone else notice a similar feeling? You buy a new metal album pop it in, and its just child's play in comparison to meshuggah....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOd-T58qHLA
Last edited by tangled at Sep 18, 2009,
YOU WANT SOMETHING HEAVIER?!?!!!

Suffocation's Effigy of the Forgotten
Last edited by Fat Lard at Sep 18, 2009,
The entire Doom/Stoner sub-genre laughs in your face.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Meshuggah =/= The epitome of heavy music. There are a ton of bands that are heavier than they are, especially in what they play rather than what they tune to, if you're one of those people.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by tangled
With the exception of bands like Opeth, Agalloch, Behemoth (their new CD is alright) and Sepultora. I cant really listen to metal anymore. I've been looking into alot of new metal bands lately and some of em sound great but the fact is that they come NO WHERE NEAR AS HEAVY AS MESHUGGAH and are therefor obsolete. Its kind of sad... Deathmetal has become a dead genre for me. Before Meshuggah I was really loving Bloodbath, Obscura and Nile but those bands seem like a joke now compared to meshuggah. Except bloodbath. Bloodbath is still sick.

Its not cool though. Anyone else notice a similar feeling? You buy a new metal album pop it in, and its just child's play in comparison to meshuggah....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOd-T58qHLA

...WHAT?!!

Just piss off, metal would be better without ya anyways.
Not everyone likes metal...

FUCK THEM!
the melvins, honey bucket!
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Quote by tangled
With the exception of bands like Blind Guardian, Manila Road, Cirith Ungol (their new CD is alright) and Solstice. I cant really listen to metal anymore. I've been looking into alot of new metal bands lately and some of em sound great but the fact is that they come NO WHERE NEAR AS HEAVY AS TYRANT and are therefor obsolete. Its kind of sad... Deathmetal has always been a dead genre for me. Before TYRANT I was really loving Sororicide, Necrovore and diSEMBOWELMENT but those bands seem like a joke now compared to TYRANT. Except diSEMBOWELMENT. diSEMBOWELMENT is still sick.

Its not cool though. Anyone else notice a similar feeling? You buy a new metal album pop it in, and its just child's play in comparison to TYRANT....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqgbhYgVY7o

I couldn't agree more.
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Sep 18, 2009,
Tyrant suck.

<_<

>_>
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Meshuggah =/= The epitome of heavy music. There are a ton of bands that are heavier than they are, especially in what they play rather than what they tune to, if you're one of those people.

No I dont even know what they tune too. Their **** is just so ****ing brutal.....

Im not saying their the epitome of heavy music, but they are the heaviest band ive ever come across. I listen to bleed and go into another dimension of horror.
Quote by MoogleRancha
Fuck this, Messhugah isn't even very good.

Hey, just because some of their fans haven't scraped the surface of metal yet, resulting in many out-the-ass comments, does not mean Meshuggah isn't good...
Quote by tangled
No I dont even know what they tune too. Their **** is just so ****ing brutal.....

Im not saying their the epitome of heavy music, but they are the heaviest band ive ever come across. I listen to bleed and go into another dimension of horror.

If you want something vaguely similar and infinitely better, listen to SYL.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Fat Lard
Hey, just because some of their fans haven't scraped the surface of metal yet, resulting in many out-the-ass comments, does not mean Meshuggah isn't good...

Well they're good for what they do, I guess.

But they're not VERY good.
Philosophy > Life
Quote by \Powerslave/
What's this? Someone named eazy-c is on my friends list? We'll have to fix that.

NO! PLEASE NO! ANYTHING BUT THAT!

In all seriousness, I haven't listened to them, album rec? Are their releases available to buy on wax or will I have to resort to blogspoting?
Quote by ChemicalFire
^don't have to like them, but you gotta have respect from them

TS, check out Wizard in Black by Electric Wizard. You better listen to the whole thing too.
Quote by eazy-c
NO! PLEASE NO! ANYTHING BUT THAT!

In all seriousness, I haven't listened to them, album rec? Are their releases available to buy on wax or will I have to resort to blogspoting?

TYrant (US)

Get Too Late to Pray followed by Legions of the Dead. They're a ****ing pain to find so you will probably have to blogspot. I'm pretty sure they're going to be reissued fairly soon though.
Quote by CTFOD
If you want something vaguely similar and infinitely better, listen to SYL.

Seriously. I'm not digging the linked song at all.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
*waits for Slay*

Yeah, this thread is pretty....... yeah, I'm just going to leave.

*leaves thread*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
That song was utterly ruined by the vocals, IMO.

The instrumentation was great, though.

Saxo-Walrus

Meshuggah do indeed rule, but they fill only a small niche in the extremely varied sonic soundcape of metal and extreme music in general. And out of the styles you'd classify as 'heavy'/'brutal', it's far from being the most heavy/brutal of the bunch.
TS, I can almost sympathise with you in some ways. For instance, The Wire has killed all TV Drama for me. But I can't say anything similar when it comes to Metal.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by technicolour
Converge us heavier than all these bands, and they're not even metal.

Indeed.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by technicolour
Converge us heavier than all these bands, and they're not even metal.

Na-Uh.
Quote by tangled

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and believe that you need to learn much more about the genre and the bands it has.

Heavier bands than Meshuggah?

Immolation, Suffocation, Benighted

Better DM bands than Meshuggah?

Death, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Nocturnus

More Technical Bands than Meshuggah?

Atheist, Sadist, Psycroptic

Meshuggah's good and fun but theres a lot of other bands that are better in multiple aspects.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Last edited by bootyguard at Sep 18, 2009,
**** Meshugga to hell
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man
Quote by fallenangel20
*waits for Slay*

Yep, Meshuggah suck.

Not heavy, mechanical, lifeless, dead, and useless.

Except for their first album, that had one or two listenable songs. Then they just descended into the sea of mediocrity known as "Repetition".
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I listened to some of their songs..

.. What?
Are you serious? I dont even find that brutal at all..
Page 1 of 3