and it came with the amp and all that stuff. It sounds really good for a cheapy and i have read some reviews and people are basically calling them ****. I think its a pretty decent acoustic. Any opinions???? are they as shi$^y as people say??
S.D.M.F.
Words Can Be Broken...So Can Bones

I find guitars vary person to person and guitar to guitar. I have no knowledge of that brand, but I have seen/heard some of the most used/beated up guitars with some of the best sound. If it sounds and plays good for you, who cares what others think?
Quote by patticake
they are as crappy as people say.

I usually like to look at both the goods and bads, but in this case... I can't disagree with this statement. =X Honestly, you get what you pay for. In this case... not much.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
every now and then I help out a friend of mine with his solo acoustic gigs by playing second guitar and piano for him. He uses his girlfriend's Esteban and I got play it a few times.

I thought it was rubbish, honestly. Then again, my standard is a bit above infomercial guitars
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
i've only played one, and it was absolutely awful. but that doesn't mean you don't have a decent one. guitars can really vary a lot from one to the next. one might come off the production line thats just barely passable for firewood, and the next might come off sounding better than a martin. i say go to a music store and play a few mid and high level guitars. then compare and see if you still look at the estaban the same way.

when i started playing guitar i wouldn't have been able to pick out a $2000 martin from a $200 martin. it could be you have a great guitar, or you're just not experienced to see what other players might. either way it's fine, and there's no shame in just plain not knowing. thats why there's a forum to ask questions on
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Dude.. I own one.

It's in my basement because... once you get a decent guitar it sounds like a toy. Plus it rips your fingers apart from the 3 inch action..
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i've only played one, and it was absolutely awful. but that doesn't mean you don't have a decent one. guitars can really vary a lot from one to the next. one might come off the production line thats just barely passable for firewood, and the next might come off sounding better than a martin. i say go to a music store and play a few mid and high level guitars. then compare and see if you still look at the estaban the same way.

when i started playing guitar i wouldn't have been able to pick out a $2000 martin from a $200 martin. it could be you have a great guitar, or you're just not experienced to see what other players might. either way it's fine, and there's no shame in just plain not knowing. thats why there's a forum to ask questions on

The Answer: It is here
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

My daughter bought one for her kids to learn on. I wish she'd asked her old dad first. I played it, and found the action too high, neck warped when new, poor quality of construction and finish. For the price of their guitar, junk amp, and instructional tapes you could get a decent guitar, and find the DVD info online.
I feel the only thing an Estiban guitar's good for is firewood, but you can get better firewood for free.
O dear god, Esteban guitars...my parents got me one for christmas for my second guitar...at first i was like hey, a new guitar...then i was like...damn my fingers hurt, seeing as the strings were a good 4 inches about the fretboard, worst guitar i have EVER seen. lol.
Gear:
Alvarez Classical Guitar(don't know much about it).
Yamaha FG730S
Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry
Fender 25R Frontman Series II Combo
Quote by Rocker396
and it came with the amp and all that stuff. It sounds really good for a cheapy and i have read some reviews and people are basically calling them ****. I think its a pretty decent acoustic. Any opinions???? are they as shi$^y as people say??

Now that everyone's had a chance to dis on the Estebans, let me just say a couple of things. You aren't completely screwed with an utter pile of crap. For instance, if the action is too high, lower it by sanding down the bottom side of the bridge saddle piece(the white piece that the strings lay on at the bridge). Just tape a sheet of sand paper down to a nice flat surface and sand the BOTTOM edge of the saddle down a little then put it back in and retune the guitar. Do it in small steps so you don't overdo it. You can also remove the nut and lower the action there as well, and you use the same procedure. You also have many many string options out there that will make the guitar much more playable. Martin Silk and Steel .011's come to mind. They're a lot easier on the fingers than say a set of .013's would be.
Yes, Estebans are not all they're made out to be on the infomercials, but that doesn't mean that you can't learn from it and make it more playable. Then when you improve and grow out of it, you'll have gained some valuable knowledge about acoustic guitars and will be better equipped to buy and take care of a more expensive model.