So I've had this crazy idea of buying a 25€ cheap a** guitar and opening a hole into it, put a speaker there so to amplify the thing if needed. I won't do this to an electric guitar because it seems way harder and they are way more expensive. So is this even remotely viable? And if so what would I need beside a mic, the speaker, a power source and proper wiring?
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
I'm not a 100% sure what a piezo is but i think that's not it.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

* hits X button*

A piezo is the common pickup that's used to amplify acoustics. Instead of sensing magnetic pulse and vibrations of the strings, it sense pressure and gives a really pure and organic sound.
http://fernandesguitars.com/nms.html

Pretty much the same concept.... if its acoustic, whats the point? Why not just save up enough to get a good acoustic with good projection?
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
It's not about it's practical use. I just want to learn a bit about electronics and I applied it to my biggest passion: music.

Where can I find info on doing such a thing?
Quote by Sinister Waffle

* hits X button*

a piezo is (in simple terms), a pickup.

if you're putting a speaker in an acoustic, a piezo will definately NOT work..

with a piezo, you mount it directly to the soundboard or bridge of the guitar, and what you're hearing out of the amp is basically the vibrations of the bridge/ soundboard, amplified.
so if you mount a speaker to the soundboard, the peizo will pick up a vibration on the soundboard (whether its you playing, or just touching the top), it'll be amplified, then sent through the speaker. then the piezo'll pick up the vibrations from the speaker, and you'll just have nastly feedback..

you'll need to use an electromagnetic pickup (example: seymour duncan woody).

you'll also need an amp of some kind built into the guitar. because a pickup alone won't power the speaker. which means you need power.

so this may be a bit more work than you're hoping. if you're willing to do a bunch of work, then sure, it's possible. but it'd be better-suited to an electric guitar*...

*I say this, because the amp circuit you put inside an acoustic will likely be powered by a 9v battery. with the amount of power you'll get from that amp, the speaker won't sound any louder than the acoustic without it..
As I said it's all about the theory involved in it. Do you have any resources where I can learn how to do such a thing?
Quote by Sinister Waffle

* hits X button*