Okay, so as I get home, I turn on my amp, go grab my guitar, tune up, and then plug in. Start playing some stuff, and the amp seems fine for a few mins. Nothing out of the ordinary at all, then about 5 mins into my playing I start hearing some weird noises. I stop playing, figuring it will go away. It does, but a few secs after I start playing again it comes back. I'd describe it as a weird popping noise, which sounded like it was coming from the speaker. I immediately turn it off because the noise was getting worse. I let it sit for a few mins, and then turn it on again.

It seems fine this time, as I grabbed my other guitar. I start playing and this time about 30 secs in, the noise is a LOT worse, and then comes some screeching. Anyone know what could be the issue? I'm hoping it's nothing major. It's still making some noise, and the amp is off and unplugged, but I can hear some sort of popping.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Quote by nightraven
my blues jr had that popping problem. not the screeching, but the popping. was sort of crackly. turned out it needed the transformer replacing it's been fine ever since

Wow, that's really going to suck if that's the case. That should be something that's covered by the warrenty, yes? It just did it again, but this time there was a lot less popping and more screeching. Looks like I'm taking it to the store. It wasn't like, a feedback screech, it was a mechanical, something's failing screech. FML.
Fender '04 Strat

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
How long have you had?

Ever change any tubes?

All speaker wiring intact and connected?

Is your cell phone sitting on top of the amp? :P

Turn it on, and mess with it, try to "change" the sound in some way, that will give you an idea of where the problem is.

By "change", I mean adjust all the controls, tap the tubes lightly with a pencil, wiggle the input jack, wiggle the reverb wires, etc.
Quote by Rutch
How long have you had?

Ever change any tubes?

All speaker wiring intact and connected?

Is your cell phone sitting on top of the amp? :P

Turn it on, and mess with it, try to "change" the sound in some way, that will give you an idea of where the problem is.

By "change", I mean adjust all the controls, tap the tubes lightly with a pencil, wiggle the input jack, wiggle the reverb wires, etc.

I've had it for going on 10 months now, so I know the warrant is still intact.

I've never changed the tubes, but was probably going to at some point.

Already checked for all speaker connections, everything is connected and intact. I've also already looked at the tubes, checked if they're microphonic, and messed with all the settings on the amp. Guess I'll just end up taking it to the shop tomorrow and have them look at it.
Fender '04 Strat

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
It's The Aliens

There Coming To Get Us

Everybody Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I was surfing with the alien when it was happening....Oh god! Runnnn!
Fender '04 Strat

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60