I have no money at the moment and am living in a dorm room in san diego christian college. I have a vox ac30cc2 thats becoming a hassle to move to any practices and is becoming something of a pain because I want to start playing in a band but its just too heavy to take out to my car and stuff (I dont have a road case...).

I was wondering what you guys thought of the tiny terror compared to it, I might consider posting this up for trade. idk though, I love the sound of my amp, a little more gain would be nice, but its awesome.

The other option would be to use my 1x12 combo amp (crate v18) that I have at my home which is a lot lighter, but sounds a lot worse than my ac30.

what do you guys think?

EDIT:
no longer asking about the tiny terror. Im now considering a marshall jcm 900 sl-x with its 4x12 cab.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Last edited by fifer at Sep 23, 2009,
go develop some more muscle

Ac30 is just awesome
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I think im going to have to agree with Meow on that one. Ac30's are pretty nice.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
Vox Nightrain+112 with an alnico blue
Weighs 20 pounds, and even comes with a cool little purse
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Sep 18, 2009,
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
go develop some more muscle

Ac30 is just awesome

+1 don't compromise on the tone you want just because it's kinda heavy to carry. I've got buses with my marshall before to take it to band practice. If it's that big a deal why not just get a trolley or something to move it to the car?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
+1 don't compromise on the tone you want just because it's kinda heavy to carry. I've got buses with my marshall before to take it to band practice. If it's that big a deal why not just get a trolley or something to move it to the car?

This.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by fifer
I have no money at the moment and am living in a dorm room in san diego christian college. I have a vox ac30cc2 thats becoming a hassle to move to any practices and is becoming something of a pain because I want to start playing in a band but its just too heavy to take out to my car and stuff (I dont have a road case...).

I was wondering what you guys thought of the tiny terror compared to it, I might consider posting this up for trade. idk though, I love the sound of my amp, a little more gain would be nice, but its awesome.

The other option would be to use my 1x12 combo amp (crate v18) that I have at my home which is a lot lighter, but sounds a lot worse than my ac30.

what do you guys think?

like a few others have said ^
honestly i think you should invest in a portable handtruck(dolly). thats what i use for my combos, you can buy some that fold up to fit in a trunk or backseat. but like what others have said, the AC30 is an awsome amp, if i owned one i'd deal with carrying it on a dolly(which is easy and painfree!)than trade it for something else
I would look into getting some casters. Its huge and heavey, but with two people its fine too cary and if you can't carry it around then do what I said and get a Vox Nightrain and an Avatar 112 with an AlNiCo Blue.
thanks for the replies guys. now there is a new deal rising, what do you guys think of the marshall jcm 900 sl-x? someone is trading a head and cab for an ac30, what do you guys think?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
does anyone have experience with marshall jcm 900 slx? I heard they are really good for rock to metal. I play all kinds of music including hard rock, to post hardcore. I dont really play metal. which one do you think better suits me? I play things like underoath to emery to hendrix, to switchfoot, to soft blues to pop punk....
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Last edited by fifer at Sep 23, 2009,
no man, the tiny terror is in TOTALLY different class of amplifier than the AC30. if you really dont like it though, move right past the Tiny Terror and Look at the Dual Terror
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 23, 2009,
yeah, now Im considering another amp. its a marshall jcm 900 sl-x with its matching cab.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
yeah, now Im considering another amp. its a marshall jcm 900 sl-x with its matching cab.

wont that be even more for you to carry though? now you've gotta carry a cab AND head.
well the cab has wheels..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
wont that be even more for you to carry though? now you've gotta carry a cab AND head.

he's got a point. I say just keep your AC30 and grow some balls. I know how heavy a AC30 is is, but all giggable tube amps are heavy
Quote by Sguit
he's got a point. I say just keep your AC30 and grow some balls. I know how heavy a AC30 is is, but all giggable tube amps are heavy

its really not that bad. I have the Heritage Handwired AC30 which is slightly heavier than the regular AC30, and while it is pretty heavy, its EASILY giggable.
I got an SL-X... awsome THRASH METAL AMP. if you have an AC30 I dont think it suits you.... but its pretty heavy 20 k
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
The vox ac30 is a really great amp and definately should not be sold but if you must do not for the love of god switch to a ss amp because you will notice the difference. Good amps ruin all the other ones for ya its kinda a curse really/
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by brownsfan456
The vox ac30 is a really great amp and definately should not be sold but if you must do not for the love of god switch to a ss amp because you will notice the difference. Good amps ruin all the other ones for ya its kinda a curse really/

+1. the vox is such a good amp that you are almost guaranteed to be let down by many other amps. the only thing i can see being better than the AC30 is maybe a marshall vintage modern, Marshall Plexi, Fender Twin Reverb, or fender Vibroverb. all of which are more expensive, bigger, heavier, and really don't sound ANY better than an AC30. never sacrifice tone for portability, you wont be happy. I'd much rather have a bit of difficulty moving the amp to a gig, rather than have that amp at the gig and not sound as good
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 23, 2009,
is the jcm 900 slx that bad sounding compared to the vox?
Quote by RetroGunslinger