I just saw someone talking about how they'd been smoking weed for 6 months and they tried hard and struggled but managed to get off it and it's changed their life... Am I the only person here who really doesn't get that? I've been smoking it properly for a year now and between June and late August I literally hotboxed the shit out of my car with my mates and a nice fat 20 bag (or 2, or 3) EVERY DAY. But since I'm going to uni and have no job at the minute I can't afford tax/insurance/petrol, so I have no car, and as I live in the middle of nowhere, no car means no going anywhere to get baked, so basically I've been going cold turkey since the end of August and I haven't really noticed and nothing about my life has changed. Sure I want to smoke it but I don't crave it, and I'm not suddenly a better person since I cut down. Your views?
Last edited by MaxLees666 at Sep 18, 2009,
Quote by TSmitty6
get ur ass to the drug thread.

Oh yeah I forgot there was a drug thread *doh* but anyway I wanted this to be a big debate if it goes in the drug thread 3 people will reply then it'll switch to something else lol. But yeah in all honesty I completely forgot
This definitely belongs in the drug thread, but I'm on your side as far as cannabis not causing physical addiction, and not needing to smoke it when not available or when it's simply not a good time.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
THC isn't a very dependent substance so your post makes sence.

also drug thread
Ultra Win
Quote by GnR_ROK

“A baby’s on the way.”

I could kick you in the stomach
And catch you unawares
I could swear to God you accidentally
Fell that flight of stairs
It may not be physically dependant but I know people who seem mentally dependant on it.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Some people have addictive personalities some don't. People with addictive personalities can get dependant on just about anything if they let themselves. It is also possible to be addicted to weed for anyone, it just takes a ****load more exposure to be able to get addicted, but yeah for someone with an addictive personality they just have to like something. I'm not saying they will for sure but it's pretty easy for them.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by nirvanafan666
THC isn't a very dependent substance so your post makes sence.

also drug thread

well, actually, it's easier than you'd think to get addicted to THC (thus, weed). I don't know anyone who's addicted to the herb, but it's definitely possible
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Some people become mentally dependent and some do exhibit some mild withdrawal symptoms after they stop.

Not everyone gets addicted to weed, just like not everyone gets addicted to cocaine.
Actually now I think about it there was this dry period during the summer holidays where I couldn't sleep properly if I didn't have it but that was only for like a week and I started smoking again then stopped (well, drastically slowed down) and it hasn't happened again. Must be coincidental. Maybe it was too hot lol
Quote by Inimical

Not everyone gets addicted to weed, just like not everyone gets addicted to cocaine.

true. ive done both quite a bit and weed stook around, i hate blow now.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by eazy-c
It may not be physically dependant but I know people who seem mentally dependant on it.

Same here. I've got some friends that have to smoke it everyday it seems, but it's not like really bad or anything. They just smoke a little at night. They are able to lead a particularly normal life for the most part. It's far, far less addictive than tobacco. Hell, I had a tough time quitting smoking cigars this summer. Every time I was around someone smoking one, I got these horrible cravings.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I smoked it for about 2 years. Decided to stop around 2 years ago, so i just stopped. Nothing changed, apart from the fact that i didn't smoke it.
as funny as it is im try to buy some at this very moment... half 8th what?
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Has anyone seen Superhigh Me? For those of you who haven't basically it's this American comedian doing his own version of Supersize Me but with weed he smokes it constantly for a month, literally from when he wakes up til when he goes to bed every day, then he didnt have any for a month (this was after he'd already been doing it for 17 years) and he managed to stop for a month, I'd like to see a 17 year constant heroin user stop for a month! But yeah the weirdest thing was he had NO long term damage to his body AT ALL either. After 17 years
I've quit smoking pot for three weeks when I went on vacation. I wanted to smoke at times, but it definitly wasn't on my mind 24/7 or anything like that. To be honest, you don't really need superhuman willpower to quit marijuana, but it does make life more interesting
Hes just yanking everyone's balls for the attention.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by MaxLees666
Has anyone seen Superhigh Me? For those of you who haven't basically it's this American comedian doing his own version of Supersize Me but with weed he smokes it constantly for a month, literally from when he wakes up til when he goes to bed every day, then he didnt have any for a month (this was after he'd already been doing it for 17 years) and he managed to stop for a month, I'd like to see a 17 year constant heroin user stop for a month! But yeah the weirdest thing was he had NO long term damage to his body AT ALL either. After 17 years

he actually didn't smoke for 30 days and then smoked for 30 days. you got the order mixed up. and you will NEVER see a constant heroin user live for 17 years after they start heroin. most don't even make it past 2.