not sure if this is the right forum, but ill give it a shot

right now the tremolo on my strat is to tight, so i figured i would take out a couple of springs to loosen it up a bit, before i do that are there certain ones i should take out or just take out any of them?

and do i need to remove the strings, loosen them, or the least likely leave them alone?

another question is will i need to adjust the action after i remove the springs, or should it be fine?
Quote by HateToWin
not sure if this is the right forum, but ill give it a shot

right now the tremolo on my strat is to tight, so i figured i would take out a couple of springs to loosen it up a bit, before i do that are there certain ones i should take out or just take out any of them?

and do i need to remove the strings, loosen them, or the least likely leave them alone?

another question is will i need to adjust the action after i remove the springs, or should it be fine?
It may be necessary to remove some springs, but don't be too hasty.
If the six screws that hold the trem to the body are reefed down tight, the trem won't be able to move easily. Maybe all you'll need to do is loosen them. They're the screws at the very top of the pic, under the strings.

Also, there is some adjustment of tension available in the two screws attaching the trem claw to the body. The pic below shows the screws partially in, for less tension. If those are screwed all the way in, the tension will be greater.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.