Would you buy a used guitar off of eBay, and have you?
I have two concerns:

1) would you trust the ebay seller? I've had good luck with everything else (assuming the person has several positive feedbacks), so I'm not too worried on this on.

2) would you trust UPS? From my experience, if UPS can break something, they will. would you trust UPS, or do you have a different suggestion for shipping?
Quote by AllGood1zTaken
Would you buy a used guitar off of eBay, and have you?
I have two concerns:

1) would you trust the ebay seller? I've had good luck with everything else (assuming the person has several positive feedbacks), so I'm not too worried on this on.

2) would you trust UPS? From my experience, if UPS can break something, they will. would you trust UPS, or do you have a different suggestion for shipping?

I have bought a used guitar off of ebay before.

1. Don't worry about this to much. Just have common since when buying.

2.Eh I don't like UPS anymore. Mostly because the drivers are dumb and CAN'T FIND MY HOUSE. But I have never had any other problems
Well to be honest ive never bought a guitar off ebay but ive bought several off craigslist from other states so its sorta the same thing. I would say before you bid ask LOTS of questions, are there any defects/things wrong with it, if they have ever had problems in the past etc. and save the emails. and if your worried about shipping you can put insurance on the package so your covered.
Yes, I've bought 2 actually. A near mint condition RGA121 Prestige for $550 and an slightly used ESP LTD H-400 for $250... Both perfectly fine, used 50 bucks to fix up each and now they're good as new.

just research the guitar a lot before you buy, ask about any possible defects and learn what you would have to do to fix it up before you buy it.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
That's why they have a buyer protection program
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
1. yes i have bought from ebay. basically my system is this: ALWAYS message the ebay-er you're buying from. if they're legit and want to sell their guitar they will answer your question. i try to ask something kind of stupid if they answer respectfully and quickly you're probably going to be just fine. the two best guitars i've owned came off of ebay (U.S. made Peavey Wolfgang Standard and a U.S. made Gibson BFG).

2. and i believe all my guitars bought from ebay have been shipped UPS. except one shipped through FedEx. i had problems with FedEx, but never any with UPS. the box the gibson was shipped in even said "Gibson Les Paul!" across the side. that made me really nervous, anybody could have grabbed that. but it came through great.

EDIT: and of course check feedback!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Sep 18, 2009,
Thanks! Good to know that several people have done it without problem. My bigger worry was UPS based on past experience with other stuff, but to be honest, that was a while ago and most times they are ok. It probably depends on how the seller packs it. Anyway, the important thing is it has worked for others. Thanks for all the input!
Never. It's just not my thing.

My father paid several hundred once for a violin bow that was some sort of antique. It was shipped in a cardboard tube, which had a crease in the middle...yeah, it was bad.

My wife got a ton of photography equipment off Ebay once. It came undamaged and well-packed, but I think she ordered from an actual camera store that just used Ebay for the additional sales.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

I would simply because there are some good prices on Seagull Artist guitars on Ebay that you won't find in a shop.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Bought my 7 string off e bay with the advantage that it was less than half price. But you have to do your research...look at past feedback...look at why they are selling and try to judge if they are a genuine seller , maybe don't buy from abroad and use pay pal. Maybe only buy if it comes with a hard case or consider collecting..its a chance but you could get yourself a bargain!
my dad has bought 5 guitars from ebay in the past.
he has picked up all of them besides 2, one was an ibanez iceman without a case, but well packaged and some **** still managed to like crush the pointed tip at the bottom end! i was so mad. but its just cosmetic and is only noticable if you look up close. and the other was a bass, and that came perfectly fine.

Either request ALOT, and i mean ALOT of packaging, or pick it up yourself. if you pick up, you have nothing to lose, cash on pickup, but if you buy online, use paypal, youll have 40 days i think it is, so get your money back, no questions asked.

and all guitars were 50% or less of its value, and i got a full stack worth 1200GBP roughly, for 300! im proud.
I just bought a Seagull Artist series Portrait C W in amazing shape for half the price as new, oh yeah on ebay. Like they say use your head and ask questions.
I spoke to the seller on phone and that helps to feel more secure.
i have not posted pics yet but will soon. good luck