Hey everyone! I am thinking about putting new pick ups into my Schecter S-1 Elite which is a mahogany body guitar. I currently am playing that guitar through a Randall RG75 G3 Plus.

Right now it has Duncan Designed humbuckers and I want to replace them, but I'm not sure about which pups to put in it. I play mostly metal (Disturbed, Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, Atreyu) and occasionally play some clean tunes.

I've heard that the Seymour Duncan JB/59 set is really good, but I want to get some other opinions. Thanks for the suggestions.
If I didn't have *active* EMGs in my guitar I would definitely have that pickup set TS. The reason I say that is because my guitar was stock with the 81/85 set, and to change would have been a waste of money, and really complicated. And they sound fine. Any future guitar I get with passives will have at least a JB in the bridge. I've never not liked a guitar I've played that had them in it. If you really are looking into other stuff, take a look at DiMarzios, maybe the evolution series?
Are they actives in the guitar right now? I know alot of the C1's right now have those Duncan Designed ones and their usually listed as actives.

I'd probably atleast get a 60 if your going with EMG's. It's supposedly better on the clean end of things.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by metal15head
i would have to say get an emg 81-85 set

I don't think I will get active pickups. I've always played guitars with passive pickups and I don't want to switch to actives yet.

Keep the suggestions coming, but passive pup suggestions would be the best. Thanks again.
Last edited by fonsaceme21 at Sep 18, 2009,