I'm trying out for my school's house band pretty soon and I've got loads of tough competition. One advantage I have is that I'm pretty sure I'll be the only metal guitar player. \m/ I'm only an intermediate player at best so I thought I'd play Matter of time by Hellyeah. Awesome song and it's also fairly simple.
Anyone have a better song or some advice?
Quote by PcaKes
I'm trying out for my school's house band pretty soon and I've got loads of tough competition. One advantage I have is that I'm pretty sure I'll be the only metal guitar player. \m/ I'm only an intermediate player at best so I thought I'd play Matter of time by Hellyeah. Awesome song and it's also fairly simple.
Anyone have a better song or some advice?
Provide useful information concerning what the aforementioned band plays?

Playing metal when they're a bluegrass band would be highly embarrassing.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew
Provide useful information concerning what the aforementioned band plays?

Playing metal when they're a bluegrass band would be highly embarrassing.

I think it'll depend on who the band is made up of. Not likely it'll be a metal band but hard rock is a possibility.
Don't go over the top and play a song you find hard because if you **** it up they'll be less likely to pick you than if you had done a easier piece perfect.
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.
Quote by Fearnohamsters
Don't go over the top and play a song you find hard because if you **** it up they'll be less likely to pick you than if you had done a easier piece perfect.

Awesome advice.
play extreme unction.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.