So basically my current cans finally gave out and I'm in the market for a decent headset. My budget is no more than 120 bucks. I listen to mainly metal (Opeth, Artefact, Dissection, Cynic, Eucharist etc and various other extreme metal bands) as well as some hard rock and prog rock.

The headphones I've been considering are:

Grado Prestige Series SR80i

Sony Pro MDR-7506 Headphones

Sony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones

Sennheiser HD-555 Audiophile Headphones

Audio-Technica Closed-back dynamic audiophile headphones (http://tinyurl.com/n6pbsz)

Sony DRBT50 Stereo Bluetooth Headset - I like this because of the portability, otherwise I'll buy some cheap cans to take with me to school/trips/etc

Other suggestions are welcome

Also, I'm currently using my Digitech RP350 as a makeshift sound card (works MUCH better than the on board card), is there a sound card/headphone combination for this price that would work better?

Would it be worth it to stretch my budget to the Grado Prestige SR 225s?

Thanks in advance guys!
Get the Sony pro, the extra bass is better suited for dance/hip-hop/techno music.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Can't go wrong with Sony headphones. Great sound, reasonably priced, and last forever

If you can find them on the internet though, I would also suggest one of these guys:

AudioTechnica.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
I don't see the point in paying $120 on headphones. Let's be honest the difference between them and a $30 pair of earbuds aren't going to be that big...
Quote by TEK34
I don't see the point in paying $120 on headphones. Let's be honest the difference between them and a $30 pair of earbuds aren't going to be that big...

You would be surprised.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
I would recommend the Grado SR60i over the Grado Prestige Series SR80i
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Quote by TEK34

Yes. Yes there is.

Apart from better sound due to more drivers, the quality and durability is greatly superior
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I'd say that Extremophones are the best headphones for listening to extreme music in manners best described as extreme. They're skulls that hook into your skull with skull hooks and rock your skull with skull shattering extreme-ness.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I'd say that Extremophones are the best headphones for listening to extreme music in manners best described as extreme. They're skulls that hook into your skull with skull hooks and rock your skull with skull shattering extreme-ness.

EXTREME!